*DEAD PROJECT* neoBOX Dual (March Releasing)

Hello friends, I make new topic for this because we start work on neoBOX dual already. Because of virus in china, it need some more time for us to finishing and we launch in March.

For specification is

• 12/13S operating
  • Built in NRF for use with VESC app and some remote
  • 10AWG Silicon Motor wire
  • 10AWG Silicon Battery wire with XT90
  • 160A continuous current - 200A burst
  • Oversize capacitor
  • All aluminium enclosure with water protection.
  • 120 x 65 x 30mm (Approximate)
  • 6 layer PCB

For price we think is $299 but for first 100 we sell for $249.

60 Likes

Count me in boss!

3 Likes

Why mr30?

Because all our motor soon use this connector, and is better for water protecting.

4 Likes

I could be wrong but esc can do 160amp continuous. Mr30 can handle that?

2 Likes

MR30 is only rated for 30A cont. and has some small holes for pressure release…sure it’s the best?

3 Likes

160A is for battery, not for motor.

We use PCB mount MR30 connector, it have low contact resistance.

Can’t wait! Keep up the great work @jeffwuneo

1 Like

I will definitely try to get my friend who pre ordered a unity to get in on this!

Interesting gonna follow this. I have a Unity brand new. I don’t need another one. I’m keep saying that to my self over and over.

Bright futures for diy components year 2020.

Also isn’t a PCB mounted connector more likely to break the contacts off since the part will vibrate and the wire is always under stress?

FlipSky used a PCB mounted XT90 for the power lead and everyone frowns at it

If the battery can pull 80A per side, shouldn’t the motors be supplied with more than 80A since the voltage is lower? I’d imagine you’ll melt the connector. At least a MR60 on 75mm of 12awg silicone wire to be safe would be nicer. How can you waterproof the panel mount connector anyways?

(To be waterproof the panel mount MR30 must be epoxied to the enclosure, therefore the MR30 will be under stress as the ESC vibrates in the enclosure which will rip the contracts. Also it’ll just melt if you pour 80A through it)

11 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

No, because it lave very large solder pads for connect and 5 points to connecting to PCB.

This is from bad solder, we have use surface mount connect for many year and never have come off.

For connector is not final yet, but this our idea for use this kind of connector. My worker not back from holiday yet.

2 Likes

Remaining 50A gets dissipated as heat

JK sorry for derailing :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Also whose buying one? I’m definitely getting one for my eMTB so I can salvage the old FOCBoxes

• Yes I’m also getting one
  • Hell I’ll get 2 because it sounds amazing
  • I need them all (3 or more)

0 voters

1 Like

@jeffwuneo will we see an antispark or anything on this? Maybe roll-to-start as well?

For switch is better for have to battery, not ESC. We use XT90S for battery connector. I not sure for roll start.

9 Likes

What about a button that puts it in a low power mode and disables the motors?

Just something to have peace of mind and not drain the battery

1 Like

Maybe, when my engineer come back and is all ok we can continue working for this :slight_smile:

6 Likes