*DEAD PROJECT* neoBOX Dual (March Releasing)

Yes count me in for testing please :smiley:

1 Like

Im reading MR-30 but the original post says MR-60… which is it?

EDIT: I’m late to the party, Jeff updated the OP from MR30 to MR60

1 Like

@jeffwuneo you have any render or drawings how it will look like?

3 Likes

Will this have a PPM output for use with regular remotes?

Also the rough measurements would be great to get. Doesn’t need to be 100% accurate but I think size matters many of us.
Think the measurements should be listed in the first post as well :wink:

Yes PPM of course. It have NRF wire for UART and also UART port for other accessory.

2 Likes

I update for rough measurement.

1 Like

We can maybe enable a sleep mode if no use.

2 Likes

I share when we all back for work.

3 Likes

Just a heads up, people usually use the female XT-90S on the battery and the ESC has the male XT-90. This is done to prevent the possibility of the male pins (if used on the battery) from contacting and shorting. I may have read it wrong but please put the male connector on the ESC and put the female XT-90S on the batteries.

6 Likes

@jeffwuneo I believe what want on the ESC is the 3 connectors in the middle (male pin XT90 and female pin MR60)

Top (XT90s) is usually battery, bottom (male pin MR60)

3 Likes

We use surface mount XT90 and MR connectors. Pcb is also mount with rubber inside case to help for vibration.

7 Likes

Same here.

Would just like to chime in to say please use the MR60. One of everybodies pet hates with the Unity was the small gauge wires used, beef it up to MR60 and you will keep a lot of people happy.

7 Likes

We use MR60 now. But we no use wire on esc side. Is solder direct to pcb with large contact trace for low resistance.

9 Likes

If you are confident in the connection, then I am sure it will hold.

My only concern would be that it slightly affects the user’s flexibility of positioning the ESC within the build… enclosure space can get quite tight, several times I have needed to desolder and reposition phase and power wires to help the ESC fit better in a tight enclosure.

1 Like

Is use less space because connect direct to pcb and no need extra wire. Same for battery. Is make all design more compact.

7 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it Jeff :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I agree with Jeff here, I think even with the connector inside the footprint of the ESC we would have plenty of flexibility to place the wires where we want.

You could only bend the wires so far before, and the MR60 isn’t actually that long.

1 Like

Without a render it’s hard to say. But I have faith in Jeff :call_me_hand:

4 Likes