*DEAD PROJECT* neoBOX Dual (March Releasing)

You can actually bend wires a lot, and xt90 is huge on both sides. It’ll definitely eat some real estate on the battery side. Maybe put it on the side? Not so concerned about the protrusion on the phase wire side.

I worry about pcb mount, as mechanical stresses are crazy on our builds. If the connecor was also supported by the enclosure, great.

@jeffwuneo one of the most common failures with various new vesc based escs is the legs of the bulk capacitors breaking off due to vibration. Even focbox. :slight_smile: Please pay attention to this detail. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

We build car part every day which design to take all extreme. We already think for this on neoBOX and dual.

11 Likes

Hi @jeffwuneo, please count me in for the dual neoBOX, thanks!

mainly from jeff probably

1 Like

@jeffwuneo I know you are currently you have more important things going on in china but When the factory is back up and running when do you think you will have a 3d preview of the dual neobox

In this mode could you charge the batteries by riding? That would be a game changer!!!

Here’s my question. You should have me down for 2each of the v6 and v4 singles. Does the duel have a smaller footprint than two of the singles? Your (2)v6 was going in my choochoo but it’s a small deck and I need as much space as possible. Which set up will be best for small spaces?

2 Likes

@ace What battery config are you running?

1 Like

It’s going to be 10s4p 30q (I think) but there is also tech

1 Like

in an electric skateboard?

In car.

Dont you think that it is a big difference between cars and skateboards?
I think if it works in a car doesnt mean it will work the same way in a skateboard. This is no offence friend, i just think that vibration and impact forces while riding is so much different in cars.

7 Likes

Yes of course. But we test everything for extreme vibration already. We have machine which simulate 1 year of vibration.

22 Likes

All best wishes by the way for you, your families and friends out there in China. Take care. peace friend

3 Likes

But why not just turn it off? Or is this so turn on by rolling is preserved?

I’m in the exact same boat haha

2 Likes

I’d like it to be like the Unity where letting it sit disables the battery but spinning a motor boots it up. No antispark, no loop key, no button

However it happens is fine by me though

3 Likes

Hmm does the unity bypass the antispark when using roll to start? I’ve never considered that.

That’s taller than most single stack enclosures, so I guess we’ll be back to machining decks again.

5 Likes

there will soon be a very reliable push to start eswitch, i’ve got a beta unit strapped to my test rig right now and so far its been amazing. And buttonless.

15 Likes