Neo Raptor sleeves (SERIOUS)

Hey guys-

With Jeff’s neo Raptor replacement sleeves getting closer to launch, we need a dedicated thread like we have for his other endeavours. I would appreciate if some of the guys who have been following this closely team up and populate this thread. I will make this first post a wiki so anyone can edit it.

Thanks!

Bill forgot to add a serious tag :flushed: TY

19 Likes

1st comment. Raptor was my first esk8 love :heart:

Edit. I’m happy to see this is finally happening :+1:

8 Likes

Eager to see the thane quality. Let’s gooo

2 Likes

Is made with Thermoset PU, same as use by california maker. Is our high temperature resistant PU design for high heat. We make duro 80A because if too soft is easy for breaking. Is same like we use for our neoHUB.

19 Likes

So from disliking boas to loving the raptor, what’s next on the list? :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Only time will give us that answer brother.
Still think. Boas are crap :grin::+1:t3:

7 Likes

:wink:

As soon as I have money (and a new motor… and new controller) i will buy some of these sleeves… :sweat_smile::sob:

Any update on the urethane replacement wheels for our Raptors? Jeff? Summer is coming :slight_smile:

We are testing now.

7 Likes

Super keen to get in on this. Bought a raptor second hand back in August 2019. There’s a couple of minor cracks on the sleeves but apparently it doesn’t take long for them to become major!

Yup, and when they fail, they go in a spectacular and painful fashion.

2 Likes

Yeah, not looking forward to that :sweat_smile: haven’t been riding recently as much due to the fear, so keen to check these out when they’re ready!

1 Like

How did testing go @jeffwuneo ?

Hi,

Is there a preorder or waiting list?

1 Like

You have to pass the test. Mods will give you a challenge and if you succeed you can get in line for new sleeves :wink:

1 Like

You come to a fork in the road. Do you pick it up and eat with it, or do you ignore idiots like me and Andro? Answer carefully.

They’re still in pre-prouction testing, so a little ways off. Jeff will update here when it gets closer.

4 Likes

Friends, we have make some samples and have been testing, but we not happy yet because we find problem for locking PU to wheel. By locking to front of motor the PU can vibrate and expand during riding which can lead to more problems with getting items stuck between motor and PU.

We are working on solution. But PU is ok for high temperature so this is OK.

7 Likes

Something similar here, but they claim to have solved the problem

2 Likes

We can fix with a few different way. We can mould in a metal core to the wheel but this make wheel cost more expensive and will stop this spinning.

3 Likes