Need help finding a 10S3P for cheap. On a tight budget

I know, I’ve done so much research but don’t forget it’s budget also. If that wasn’t a issue I would’ve gotten a top of the line VESC

To be fair, a lot of these questions should probably have been answered before starting buying components. I get that you are where you are, but it would likely have been better to buy a prebuily meepo or something given your budget. We’re still interested in talking about what yo build now, it’s just that there are some compromises that don’t make sense to make - or at least they don’t make sense to hit certain expectations.

Edit: and please don’t buy that used battery for $130, you could wait around for a better used product or buy a 10S LiPo all by itself or something

It’s a new battery. All I can say. Plus it comes from here in the US, so fast shipping.

Look I know I made a joke earlier, but you really don’t have the best track record - particularly when it comes to buying and selling stuff on the forum

1 Like

I’ve had many good sales and purchases on the forum. I’ll admit, I just try to get the most $$ I can from the stuff I sell, hence my high prices.

new u said?

yeah no

2 Likes

The buyer knows that there are only a few cycles on it. Almost like new. But you’re right, not brand new.

Voucher wasn’t free. I paid >$200 for it when I bought my unity. It’s not a dead unity lol.

im done with this thread :yawning_face:

feel free to move me to derail jail @xsynatic

2 Likes

weren’t you already eaten alive for trying to sell this broken thing?
[SELL] FocBox Unity -$180 Negotiable - Esk8 Parts Market / Used Parts for Sale - esk8.news forums

4 Likes

Yup, I was and now people don’t stop bothering me about it on the forums.

you seem to repeatedly make things out like theyre new and then tell how theyre broken or used.

2 Likes

Wasn’t free. Stop ruining this gentleman’s thread.

what esc did you get exactly? FLIPSKY electric speed controller DIY electric skateboard ESC for sale
these are pretty cheap and think have a pretty good rep
Go-FOC Retro ------Based on official version VESC4.12 3-12s – electric skateboard ESC VESC - MakerX (makerx-tech.com)

but i see the flipsky claiming 50 amps continuous possible.

I got the FSESC 4.12

the flipsky claims 50 continuous but it is a stinking lie, like not even close. I made the same mistake as OP for my first build and it lasted <10 rides.

Edit for clarification: the mistake is trusting the 50A, not in using it altogether. It’s the cheapest VESC on the market to my knowledge so it has a place, but that place is not 50A continuous

1 Like

I’m just going to go the easy route and get @hummieee ‘s 220 battery, could I run it on 30a on my VESC. Your all right if this battery is good quality, it’s a 12s right? If so. No need to even upgrade it in the future, only the VESC but other then that. Solid

for your own safety maybe get an esc thats more respected. when they do break it can be dangerous. i dont have any advice related other than that really.

Yes it’s technically a 12S but as I said above:

You could “upgrade” to a 12S or 16S lithium ion battery later with a different ESC. This is certainly a good battery, and will last ~2000 charges and discharges as opposed to ~500 for lithium ion, but it’s not going to give the same speed or capacity as a 12S3P P42A pack

the battery is good and has a lower top voltage being lithium “iron”. but more the obstacle with this is will it fit your box on bottom. i forget the dimensions right now… let me see. go measure. …140mm x 500mm . and theyre 26650 cells so bigger

and when that doesnt fit…let me sell you a deck too.

1 Like