Need help finding a 10S3P for cheap. On a tight budget

I work full time (60hr weeks) so I cant set definite dates, but I can build you a 10s3p out of m26 cells (18650). You only get 30a max from it so your vesc would be “safer”. I’ll include a smart bms and what ever xt connection it needs. I can do it for $200 shipped. May take a couple of weeks though (2 weeks give a little).

2 Likes

u r looking at a a123 batter pack instead of @AviatorEsk8er’s meepo pack, i would grab the a123 pack in a heartbeat if i had the money

1 Like

The FS 4.12s can do 25 battery amps all day. 30a if you are feeling jiggy

Sadly I don’t got the money. I spent well over 300$ in parts so I really don’t got a option here

I heard P42A cells are top quality how are the M26 cells?

I can do a 10s3p for about $350 if you haven’t sorted it yet. Includes smart bms and fused charge port. It would be with Molicel p26a. If you want to save a little I can use a Daly bms instead of smart. I recently quit my day job so I could get it done pretty quick.

1 Like

Someone is selling me a 10S2P for 130$, unfortunately since I spent over 300$ in parts my budget is very narrow for batteries

that guy is selling u a used meepo battery for 130, where u can get brand new for 135.

the cell used inside sag like hell, u don’t get much range, its also bms discharge, if bms decided to take a break, u have 0 brakes.

i’ve said enough already, ur $300 parts should have an equal amount of build quality battery pack to go with it

4 Likes

I got nothing else, a battery is the most expensive part and most of these guys are selling them over 400$ or 300$ I also have to take in consideration of what my ESC and motor can handle unless you can find a better deal so far I’ve been offered 200 for a 10s3p that has M26 cells and that 130$, my options are limited.

fuck both options, get @hummieee’s a123 pack for 220

1 Like

Yeah Hummie’s pack or getting lipos will be much better. Lipos can be cheaper if you want, but you have to wire them up and that can be a pain in the ass and dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing

1 Like

Wouldn’t 12s be too powerful for my VESC

Battery should be the most expensive part of your build. It’s the difference between having a house and having a burning mess of everything you and your family worked for. If you can’t afford a good one now, then wait until you can. You said your parents didn’t want you to spend that much on it, so I guess they never learned the lesson of you get what you paid for… that rule is very true with batteries. I know you want to get the cheapest one possible, but as you will hear from every experienced builder here, that’s a really bad idea. Most people save $1000+ before they even start a build so they do it right and don’t make a burning death trap with no brakes.

5 Likes

Also research is very very important. If you would read the forums a bit more, you wouldn’t get stuck with the crappy Flipsky that can only do 25A.

That is a 12s LiFePo4 which has very similar voltage range as 10s Li-ion.

2 Likes

Short answer: no, it’s a different type of battery.

Longer answer: the ESC has a voltage limit, not an S limit because S doesn’t really mean anything. If you put 10 batteries in series, and each one fully charged is at 4.2V, then the voltage is 42 and is in the safe range. If, instead, you put 12 batteries in series but they’re a different chemistry and only charge to ~3.6V, then you get 43.2, and you’re still in the safe range. These are a different chemistry, so they take difference chargers and BMSs, but that’s all that really matters. (That and they hold a bit less energy per cell but last ~4x the total lifetime)

1 Like

I know, I’ve done so much research but don’t forget it’s budget also. If that wasn’t a issue I would’ve gotten a top of the line VESC

To be fair, a lot of these questions should probably have been answered before starting buying components. I get that you are where you are, but it would likely have been better to buy a prebuily meepo or something given your budget. We’re still interested in talking about what yo build now, it’s just that there are some compromises that don’t make sense to make - or at least they don’t make sense to hit certain expectations.

Edit: and please don’t buy that used battery for $130, you could wait around for a better used product or buy a 10S LiPo all by itself or something

It’s a new battery. All I can say. Plus it comes from here in the US, so fast shipping.

Look I know I made a joke earlier, but you really don’t have the best track record - particularly when it comes to buying and selling stuff on the forum

1 Like

I’ve had many good sales and purchases on the forum. I’ll admit, I just try to get the most $$ I can from the stuff I sell, hence my high prices.