Need help finding a 10S3P for cheap. On a tight budget

is the one you’re selling used or do you sell those normally? Just curious because I haven’t seen LiFePO4 packs around here much

i got a ton of them, and pcbs to mount them, and decks to put them in…a ton. just been waiting on someone who was going to do the kydex boxes on bottom to sell it all together. but that’s taken forever. i barely try to sell but need to start.

these are used from batteryhookup.com. they dont sell them anymore. We’ve tested their capacity to within 95%. These new actually have greater capacity than theyre advertised as. like 2.55 or 2.6 ive read.

1 Like

You know if m26 cells are good? @J0ker says he can make me a 10s3p for 200$

PRODUCT SPECIFICATION (batteryspace.com)

So yeah I’d go with what @hummieee said and try to learn what makes a “good” cell (maybe @Battery_Mooch can point towards existing resources for noobs), but as a short answer Joker was pretty honest here:

I think it’s a good price (right now all cells cost more with limited availability so including labour this is cheaper than I’d do it, and I’m not even very good at building packs) but the cells aren’t great. They’re from a reputable brand and they’re not unsafe, they’re just pretty low performance. It really is 30A max from the pack, and its capacity suffers under heavy loads + it’s not very high capacity for a 3P, but that’s about as far as I’m willing to say. Gonna have to make a call yourself unfortunately

1 Like

Protected LG M26 2600mAh 5A 18650 Button Top Battery - Wholesale Disco – Liion Wholesale Batteries
theyre pretty expensive. 200$ for new cells? actually sorry these are “protected”. but seems a similar price likely

those already have protection circuits on them that add a bit of cost, but yeah I think that’s just the shit state of the market at the moment

Yo OP, you need to stick to Lipos or grab the @hummieee battery. Anything else at that price range is going to suck balls. Also some of you need to ease up on the budget shaming.

2 Likes

@hummie ‘s battery is to big for my enclosure, also heard lipos are a pain in the ass, all I’m really hoping is a miracle at this point

LG M26 2600mAh 10A Flat Top Unprotected Battery - 18650 Battery Store – 18650BatteryStore.com

look at capacity, size, continous discharge, burst discharge. cycles, … cant think of what else worth comparing.
but 4$ each if you can find them. ill sell you the larger 26650 a123s, which have close to the same stated capacity…$2 each cell

but lipos are pretty easy. id go with them

1 Like

Not true. Whats your enclosure size?

1 Like
  • 21.65" x 7 1/8" x 2 1/4" outside, 19 3/4" x 5 1/4" x 2" Inside

lipo are cake. you can plug plugs and be done. just take care to protect them well.

1 Like

5 Likes

How would I be able to reach that target mileage and speed, also I would have to get a balance charger

LiPos aren’t that bad. Get something like two of these if you want a bit more capacity and can fuck with wires,

or just something like one of these that’s low capacity but it’s a full pack premade, you just need to get a balanced charger

1 Like

you dont know much it seems but this can be a solution.
Aokoda cellmeter 8 150w discharge module set with lipo battery balancer Sale - Banggood.com sold out-arrival notice-arrival notice

simple and cheap and plug them into your lipos. and you can charge lipos fast. id get a bulk power supply like meanwell. but then again if youre the type to rush through and not cautious you can easily blow your house into fire

:joy::joy::joy::joy: that cheered me up a bit it’s 19 going side way and 5 going up that’s the inside

1 Like

Trying to take it nice and smooth, I just want a board that’s good on mileage and speed. I’m just wondering if those lipos can hit the target goals that I had on the speed calculator

if youre really cheap and like to tinker you could just use a multimeter to figure what voltage each cell is and very manually balance discharge with a fat high power resistor. take forever to do but kinda fun…and cheap

2 Likes