Need help finding a 10S3P for cheap. On a tight budget

This is my setup. did you read the thread I linked to earlier? Defo get a BMS. It will make life so much easier.

1 Like

Whats are the goals in terms of range?

hahahaha yeah fun the first time, skip forward to every sunday afternoon the rest of your life manually balancing a 10S pack

said earlier looking for roughly what you’d get from a 10S2P 30Q pack, ~12 miles

12 miles

Take into consideration who you are buying a battery from and how skilled they are at building them.

you’d maybe be the first person with an aviatoresk8 battery in their board, risky business

Damn. You’ve been running lipos? How’s that been going and what’s the range x speed

I declined the offer, what’s your perspective on lipo batteries

hehe. yea. i was there. Im still there. but as long as youre sitting at home charging beside your stuff anyway its something to do. it could be fast though. especially with a high power charge i dont think the bms would be able to keep up if the cells are way out of whack. in a way its safer. in a way. assuming you have no human failings

1 Like

It’s a prebuilt pack from a meepo, rip

if you want to get going cheaply and not screw around soldering and fiddling the lipos and the balancer i linked are the best bet in my mind.

and real benefits. lipo have a good discharge curve meaning you wont be slowing constantly till out of juice (iron cells too). you can charge very fast with lipos instead of sitting waiting.
cheap. less point of possible failure and maybe safer than ion ironically

clearly haven’t met me and my clusterfuck of an electronics workspace. I am actually mentally preparing to do this at the weekend though, I have a pack I have to unbuild and then prepared for reconfiguration so I’ve gotta balance 40 cells manually. Well probably can do it in P groups, but close enough

There’s a good bit of info in the linked post, would recommend going through it because a lot has been covered already. It’s just about to push me over the edge to ordering lipos too

Yes I’m not trying to fuck the lipos are balancer up, I’ve been doing woodworking for a while but soldering is completely new, all tho I’ve been watching lots of tutorials, I think it’s pretty easy. Just want a nice and easy lipos that can give me power around the 3P so I can get that range and speed I got a goal for and a easy way to charge it without having issues

throw them all in parallel is easy no? maybe not the healthiest for them if far out.

forget “3P” and look for capacity.

its pretty easy. and then again some of these bms are crap and arent even working or working at snail pace. sometimes.

Let me know how it goes, what’s mainly the issue is, I’m not trying to rip out the enclosure every time to charge the lipos, reason why I was pushing to get a 10s or whatever was because it came with charging and it’s a easy 1, 2, 3. Easy charging

yeah I’ll measure them first but they’re fairly high discharge cells, veeery rough maths but connecting them all with nickel would mean even a 0.01V difference would give 100A current so I’m not a huge fan. Could just connect the negatives together and use a 1k resistor to bridge them individually, but it’s a bit messy

1 Like

look around and people put a hole in their box for a charge port. and you could extend the balance wires and have those accessible too. you need not even solder and could plug both those parts in. hobbyking likely has extending wires

1 Like

More risky business I see. Anyone in the thread have lipos and a good BMS they’ll like to recommend?