Need help finding a 10S3P for cheap. On a tight budget

whoopsie

I use 12awg wire right

For charging you can use 18AWG or 20AWG

For the ESC you need 12AWG

at least 12awg, 10awg if you can fit that and solder that to connectors.

I used to think so, but now I think 12AWG is better even if you can fit 10AWG. If you need 10AWG, then you probably need 8AWG, and you’ll definitely know it because you’ll probably be making a racing sled or something not typical. When in doubt, C4 12AWG

And on that topic, sometimes you can even get by with as small as 24AWG for charging if you never exceed 4A but I wouldn’t use wire that small because it’s less vibration resistant on the solder joints.

Check the chart

not sure how much I agree with this. I ended up doubling up 12awg wire as i didnt have any 10awg, but 8 would be a bitch to solder onto an xt90. Also 8awg would be too thick to make the sharp bend I need, so 10awg would’ve been ideal.

I just got 12 awg for everything, VESC, connecting to batteries, anti spark and the charger

1 Like

Yea I just got 12 awg for everything, VESC, connecting the two lipos in series, anti spark and charge port

About to get a smart BMS (my last part I need!) anyone know any codes for coupons? Just wondering since the option is there

Make sure to get a lipo BMS if you’re using lipos.

Get the smart BMS that is 10S Li-ion (3.7V), Lipo and LiFePO4 are not the same thing.

@Red_souls The one you have in your cart is correct.

2 Likes

The one that Red_souls has in his cart is correct. I was just making sure Aviator didn’t confuse him into buying a LiFePO4 BMS by saying lipo.

1 Like

Jesus I can’t read sorry, thought you said incorrect

1 Like

Yea I knew it was correct, was just asking if anyone knew any coupon codes

I bought mine from AliExpress. Ended up being about $36 with free shipping that arrived in just 12 days.

Huh, I thought you would need a different BMS for lipo and li-ion. I stand corrected.

1 Like

bms for lipo :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Smart BMS for lipo is awesome! No need to take the pack apart to balance charge every time. Bluetooth for checking voltage is really nice too

2 Likes

Is there a way I can track miles and speed with the BMS as well?

2 Likes