Need Beta Testers for a 40-150v VESC based ESC. 250/550 amp variants

@kevingraehl and Gal at Rion, this is awesome. Pushing the boundaries even farther. Did anyone say 45hp dual motor Esk8? Oh, well I did. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I want 200 phase amps on an esk8. Now what motor can do that and not weigh a ton. Plettenberg comes to mind

4 Likes

You and me both :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

They look very nice, but I always get nervous when the price page states “get in touch…”

3 Likes

Here ya go, just slap one of these on your board

12 Likes

8 Likes

800 …edit. For plettenberg. Not this. Bom is still expensive. Bom optimization has not occured yet

5 Likes

@kevingraehl
Is the final price going to be 800usd ?? Any plans for supporting field weakening ?
I run 20s at the moment on my e-kart. But are dreaming about 25s. But this is not going to happen the next weeks.

2 Likes

VESC already supports field weakening.

EDIT My bad looks like it supports MTPA not Field Weakening.

Either way, this is running VESC firmware, so the feature set is going to be the same as any other VESC.

Hell no. Not even close. I was referring to the motor above

3 Likes

Did you build them and have a dyno test video for us to see?

1 Like

I’ve added field weakening to the vesc on my ebike and it is working ok for a month or so now. Let me know if you want to help me out as a guinea pig!

5 Likes

Start a group pm, I’m down to try

1 Like

Yeah id love to try that, the axiom guys made it work somehow.

In due time. Give us 10 days and the first 10 test units will arrive. Our EE will punish them with his Dyno, and loop testing.

2 Likes

@Ericnfla you seen this thread yet? Could be a good opportunity for a free esc… depending on whether or not you want to be a test dummy :wink:

1 Like

Definitely Interested. I’m making a second 60v battery that I want to run in series.
I have dual hub motors so gonna need two though
Thanks!

I’ve got a 36 kw BLDC for an electric airplane project.

Plan is to run 28s at around 300A peak.

No way I can do a test in 3 weeks as I don’t have a battery but it is in the works.

That awesome Go Kart is probably not the best platform to test this as it runs a pair of brushed axial flux motors.

@kevingraehl are you still looking for testers? Could offer a 16S7P dual motor e-scooter and a direct comparison with the 75V Spinted VESC.

We needed 150 volt testers.

2 Likes