Need Beta Testers for a 40-150v VESC based ESC. 250/550 amp variants

Need more 150V motors…

I have a couple SSS 56123 320kv motors that claim to be able to take 95A and 155V. I’d love to put them to the test, but I’ve been happy with what I’ve been able to get out of my other inrunners. Best part, I could mount one or two to an esk8 and do silly things. Dual drive, single ESC anyone?

ReacherTech makes a couple ~80mm motors that are good to 20-22S for ~$400ish? I’ve been holding off on picking one up for my madass while I wait for the right controller to come around and I’m kept busy with this 2wd e-pedicab. Really hope this (V)ESC ends up being usable up to 30S. 125V in a motorcycle could be > a Zero.

2 Likes

My RS torque has shipped already, I’m down to throw one in there, 24s/100v

1 Like

We could make a 24S battery if this would help.
What are the dimensions?

Of the vesc? Let me grab. Pretty compact. Higher the current, more heat sinks required

Yeah, wouldn’t go much higher than 120A. On 24S that’s 12kW peak.

Any chance there’s a development blog or post or anything, I couldn’t even find anything on the Rion page? Looking for a controller for my emoto but I can probably wait until it’s been released.

Gal, the owner of rion isn’t about the free spirit of sharing. You can join a rion Facebook page. He won’t let me post Dyno videos.

4 Likes

Aw, i get it but glad to hear there’s still development ongoing.

By 150V, do you mean 36S? They are 151.2V fully charged. Also, is the 250 and 550 amp ratings battery or phase? I see a lot of larger controllers starting to use phase amps to make the numbers bigger and just wanted to check which one you used. I’m definitely interested, but probably close to a year out before I would have something running. Maybe I could buy one by then

1 Like

Phase. And 150 v stable

3 Likes

Any shareable news chief?

1 Like

Going for a rev two, need more copper and heat management

5 Likes

mmmmmm :love_letter:
copper heat management

3 Likes

Are we nearing the end of the tunnel?

I’m curious, how many testers do you have ??

The spots are full. Unfortunately it’s not even ready yet. Moving as fast as things allow. I’m not even driving this one anymore. Handed the keys over to gal ( principle of rion). I’m much too busy with my day job.

6 Likes

He’s getting some units tomorrow. I’ll report back in a week?

3 Likes

Damn to late for the party… Will test at any requested requirement. Thank you