N00b Questions & Pictures Only Topics changes

N00b questions and Pix only will have distinct buckets starting 1June2020

Gang,

As many of you are aware our little community here is growing and with it we are experiencing some growing pains with the site. You may have heard the mod staff complain of “502 errors”. This error manifests when we attempt to move posts to very large topics and the task fails.

There are (3) topics that give us the most trouble, Pictures and nothing else!, Noob question thread!, and Derail Jail. After much research and troubleshooting it appears this issue is a bug in the discourse software we are using for forum.

To mitigate the 502 issue we will be using a monthly category for each of these topics. We tested this in May with Derail Jail and it worked quite well - thanks to everyone for giving us lots of material to work with :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Next Steps:
1June2020 (system time) n00b questions topic will close and the new topic for June will be published here

Pictures thread will require some additional work so look for this post to be updated in the coming days.
Pictures and Nothing Else
Reply to "Pictures and Nothing Else_2020Summer

We understand you have a choice in top-tier electric skateboard forums and appreciate your patience as we work to improve the user experience.

3 Likes

Oh?

And where would we find the other top-tier electric skateboard forums?

:rofl:

You mean the ancient one, and the more-ancient one that is mostly for ebikes?

2 Likes

I suppose a n00b questions category has been considered, and dismissed?

it has the advantage that each question gets it’s own thread. so the convo is clearer. and no large topics.
it has the disadvantage/advantage that some people’s threads can get ignored easier.
it has the disadvantage that it pollutes the main page feed with a lot more topics. which is why I presume it’s dismissed. would be interesting if discourse had a plugin or something to filter a category from the main feed.

just wondering what the thinking has been.

2 Likes

this is a valid point and like the suggestion.

one thing i’ll say is we have the Esk8 mechanics section which i meant to handle all sorts of troubleshooting questions not limited to n00bs.

I’m going to bookmark this suggestion and revisit in a few days after others have chimed in. thanks again!

I would vote against that, if there was a poll

For most of the disadvantages you mentioned already :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I think i’m just barely over the line and would vote the same.

Though I see the types of problem this guy illustrates:

And I start wondering how to better solve things.

1 Like

I’m not just a guy. I’ve got needs, wants, and desires. Damn it. Why can’t you see that?

2 Likes

Well I’m trying to fix my verreal RS esc died
Bought a flipsky dual mini
Where can I get connectors for the 6368 motors or should I just upgrade and get new motors ?

1 Like

How did you even find this thread lol why is this here?

5 Likes

Some of the threads people dig up from years ago and then proceed to ask “how fix skaetbord” when the question thread is literally on the front page all the time and gets bumped every 15 minutes amazes me

2 Likes

Thats a “mt60” connector shown in picture.
Amazon should have some for ya.

Nice find on this thread, but you’ll have better luck here:

Thanks

Noob to forums and esk8 here. I have a choice of buying a barely used Meepo awd pro or a Bustin v2. I want to gain more experience and knowledge as to esk8 s and riding. The bustin is $300 more. Is the bustin worth thee 300 more as far a quality and product?

Definite N00b question. Is there any way to get the most recent posts within topics to show up on TOP rather than on the bottom? Looked through all settings, couldn’t find it.

Bustin does have a couple models on sale at the moment. The black ones I believe. Pretty decent deal.

No, at least not from a user point of view. Not sure if the site admins can enable something which adds to the uder preference. I don’t think it’s that much of a difference to scroll from the bottom up, instead from top down.