Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

like this
giphy (9)

5 Likes

I gave you a way to remove throttling and every possible warning i could that it will burn your motor. Please don’t blame anyone from this forum if you do end up burning them.
By the way, my belt driven motors are lukewarm on straights and get only a bit hot, let’s say within 55° on the steepest hill (rail bridge) i have in my area. Maybe change from hubs sometime?

1 Like

yus but it sould like he still had minimal thortling i just wanna make sure i do it to a T so i dont break my shit as this is my last option as im unwilling to accecpt anything slower then 45

Why would I get a “one of your vescs has too old firmware” message going into remote setting in the vesc tool, if I just re installed it on both of them?

1 Like

If bootloader wasn’t upgraded

Try that

1 Like

It would be a cool feature if we could have a way to mark the noob questions as answered. As I read back through this thread there a lot that go unanswered. Maybe they are deemed too simple and not worth answering? I like the idea of this thread because it’s where most of my questions should be and a lot of my searches link me to the thread. It just sucks to find the term I’m looking for and then realize that someone had the same question, only to read the next 50 posts to see it wasn’t addressed. Usually the reason I keep seeing Is that another question takes off and discussions ensue. Leaving the question above that post unanswered for eternity.

3 Likes

@BillGordon @wandagoner @Zach
I know you said plugins create bugs but honestly there are some major improvements that could take place, the above being one.

4 Likes

While we are at it i still have this problem
(skip to 1/2 or 3/4)

At first i thought its the fw but it doesn’t seem like it. I can’t reproduce it 100%, it happens randomly but mostly with slow acceleration and or braking.

If it was shorting internally the motor would be dead by now right?

also my slave motor kicks was more than my master motor.

If its on the ground the slave does a burnout while the master doesn’t.

Anything like this should be posted again in “Forum Adjustments” for Damon to consider. It looked like plug-ins were a problem and now we’re just bot sure about that.

1 Like

yes sir, sorry sir

1 Like

Does anyone know whether you can get replacement thane for koowheel hubs

Thanks

If not are a used set worth getting for the short term

And what other hub options are out there for cheap

It depends which koowheel hubs. The onyx variant yes. The older version maybe… Beware that the onyx hubs can rattle like crazy

2 Likes

No idea which version

Is the rattle just a sound or does it affect quality also?

Its the sleeve rattling because the fit and finished isn’t good between sleeve and motor.

2 Likes

Ah ok thanks a lot

Really just need them for a couple weeks while I get my other motors working

Thank you

I’d recommend the usual Ownboard/wowgo hubs.

2 Likes

Neohubs

shhh… did anyone here anything?
nvm, must have been the wind

3 Likes

Got a set of koowheel hubs for £40 shipped and I really don’t need to spend anymore money
I think these should be ok for the short term

Do you have a pic?

1 Like

These

He said sleeves are replaceable