My Esk8s. A journal of sorts

1/4 inch maybe.

I have been pondering that. I kind of like the distressed look. But I have done a couple with the truck bed liner spray and liked the look of that as well. What else could I use on abs? I wish I had the skill to encase it in leather like that dude did on his Hummie deck…

4 Likes

Mabye paint the middle bit one color and the sides another?

1 Like

My favorite thread on this forum; The Tron pic literally caused me to LOL, and as others stated, the whole thread feels so familiar.

Thanks for sharing your journey and keeping it real. :muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

6 Likes

Yeah you’re a fucking nutcase dude. I love it.

4 Likes

With some good surface prep. Coat or two of primer. And some color. Sealed in a couple coats of clear. You can do whatever color you like. It won’t hold up like Bed liner but with each new scuff it attains… they are but only merit badges in your pursuit of the stoke

3 Likes

Duuude. That red looks dope. This opens up a world of possibility… I wish the kegels stayed the pretty blue and I would paint it to match that. I wonder it the bright green to match the trucks would be too crazy… Decisions…

Decisions…

6 Likes

Ok ok ok.
The battery will be here Monday. Strizoked.
So I did some work on the Omakase.

Motors were already mounted and hooked up to the esc. So I was really just bolting the trucks on. Putting on the wheels and putting in the inserts for the enclosure.

I decided to just paint the enclosure with truck bed liner. It jives with the Color of the grip tape.

I think this board is gonna be awesome.

11 Likes

Well. I had my third fall of the year.
I think this is the fastest I have gone down at. I think I was probably going 20 mph or so.

It is crazy how fast it all happens. My back wheels slid out and I did a dive and then roll thing.

Thank goodness for gear.

I was riding the Other Demonseed with the six shooters. So how did I loose grip you wonder…
Freaking sand on the pathway!!!

I didn’t see it. I didn’t have a chance…

But all is good it seem. The knee pads, and wristguards, and Fox Titan jacket all did their job. I’m sitting on the couch icing my right shoulder (remember the one I broke in March…) But really nothing bad. My kneepad on my left leg slid down so I have some rug burn on my knee.

I was halfway through my ride and got up and assessed the situation and just kept riding.

I am a fan of the slide pads. I really think they help minimize the impact.

11 Likes

Its funny, i got into it when my 14 yr old at the time was watching youtube and said he wanted an eboard, i said “you dont even know how to ride a board”. when i seen the price of Boosted, $1000 i said, oh, hell no, i can build one for cheaper. so i joined the other forum and read for a month. So i discovered, Dave (Psychotiller, Torque Boards, etc.) and started ordering parts. It took about a month to complete and my son was so amazed. So i go for a test ride and the diy eboard addiction kicked in, had to build one for me. 3 yrs now, i have built 4 boards and sold one last wk to a friend thats been begging me to sell him one for about 1.5 yrs. Anyway, the addiction continues and pretty expensive i might say but so much fun to build and ride something you built yourself, the feeling is PRICELESS?

10 Likes

@rafaelinmissouri do you have the long or short @dickyho mounts on the bustin sportster?

The long ones. But I don’t think there would be any issues using the short ones for urethane wheels. Not sure how the short ones work with pneumatics. Have not tried.
Also check out the Boardnamics Mounts. They are nice.

1 Like

Ok good to know, I have the short ones and you can mount them reverse just fine as long as the trucks are topmounted
I think drop through might be a bit tight with regards to ground clearence

Well. I have low standards when it comes to ground clearance. This is a drop mount using the short mounts. I had to keep the motor extra low because of the deck…

7 Likes

That would be a bit too sketchy for me :smile:
This is my current setup with the short mounts, I managed to set it up so they’re the same height as the trucks but even then it’s a tight fit.

I was hoping to do a drop through but will probably go with longer mounts and do them reverse

4 Likes

I actually got the Omakase done last Monday. But had the first proper ride today.
Fuck winter…

The “Omakase”
Caliber II 50s. Riptide 93 krank canyon all around.
Blue Kegels.
16/34. Janux pulleys.
New Zealous bearings. yey…
Bkb super sale truck mounts.
Bkb Tayto enclosure.
10s3p 40t by @thisguyhere
Flipsky dual 4.20 plus.
Flipsky 6354s 190kV.
Mini Rc remote.

This deck is awesome. And the blue orangatangs as are miraculous.

This together made for a great ride.
The deck is super nimble and was really stable. According to relive I hit 30mph. I don’t always believe what that app says but I think that is right.

I only went 8 miles because it was freaking 31f(-0.5c)

Battery was still at 38.7v so that is impressive.

The very first ride I did last week I had 14/34 on the pulleys. Seemed a little slow.
So I jumped to 16/14 and I think I want a bit more more torque. Don’t really need to go 30 on this little board. So I’m going to try 15/34 or 16/36 here next.

Overall really pumped on how right the combination of the deck and truck and wheels felt.

16 Likes

Yesterday’s rainy Sunday activity was taking apart the motors on the Demonseed

There was a funny noise happenings and some folks thought it may be a lose magnet on the Flipsky 6384s. Maybe even a lose 3mm key…
Well taking them apart I could not notice any issue. The 3mm keys were loctited. No magnet seemed out of place. No solder balls to be found.

But I was going to battle proof the motors anyways.

I enjoy most mundane building related activities. But this was not one of them.
Shit stunk.
It was messy.
It was enerving doing the outside cans.

I would pay good money for motors that already came like that…

I plan on doing it at least on the TB 6354s I have on the Ralleycat.

Putting it back today seems that there is no hang ups. One of the motors had 2 washers under the locking clip I could not get back on…
And I broke one of the clamp bolts on the Boardnamics Mounts…

Oh well. So it goes. Motors sound ok on the bench. Will see how it goes tomorrow hopefully.

6 Likes

Ok. So I’m jumping on the foamies bandwagon.

I have the “Other Demonseed” with six shooters.
And “The Paradigm” with the TB tires.

So in a way these boards were kind of similar. The demonseed has the Hexls so that makes it pretty different feeling but either way they felt kind of redundant.

Also I love jumping on esk8 bandwagons so I wanted to try the foamies. Or the cloud wheels.

Are the cloud wheels the Crocs of the esk8 world?

Timing was good because the day that Amazon delivered the cloud wheels I had gone on a farewell ride on “The Paradigm” with the TB wheels and I had actually worn through them.
I m not sure what my deal is. With gear I’m at 230lbs and I gleam the cube pretty hard. With carving and such. But I just fucking eat through pneumatics.
I only got 100 miles out of the Bergmeisters.
I’m not sure how may miles I got out of the TB tires but wasn’t much.
Even my new clever 6x2s that are supposedly indestructible are balding already.

Oh well. So it goes.

I kind of like the look of the foamies actually.
I ordered some Boardnamics Mounts to put on this board because I am now not feeling the blue on the dickyhos.

I only got to go for an 8 miles ride on the foamies.

I had 14/38 but am changing to 12/38 on that gearing.

As far as first impressions I kind of like them.
They felt much more like abec 107s than they did the pneumatics.
They may be grippier than the abecs.

Gotta ride more. With the new gearing to see how I really feel about them.

11 Likes

Nice man, hope you like the foamies as much as I do. They are the closest to pnuematics you can get on eurethane

3 Likes

@Tampaesk8er Manny. You just did the reverse of what I did right? From foamies over to the TB tires?
What are you thinking?

2 Likes