My Esk8s. A journal of sorts

Yep. Sidewalk cracks ain’t even a thing with the pneumatics. Sucks about the flat… What a bummer.

2 Likes

Well. I took the MBS on its first real off road ride…
Came to a park near my house with a bunch of flat gravel and dirt trails.
It snowed here last weekend and it is sixty today…

But the fucking trails were insane. Mud and snow and ice everywhere.

It was super fun until the board died.

Hope it is not dead dead…

It shut off.
I turned it on.
It ran for a second.
Then one motor sounded like it was cogging.
And the button for the unity was flashing.

I disconnected the battery and hope everything will be fine after a bath…

7 Likes

what’s your seat of pants feeling on the TB Pneu @rafaelinmissouri @Tampaesk8er?
Grippy? it seems from your premature wear that they may be “sticky” enough for a race board wheel, or maybe inferior quality… I’d like to hear you guys impressions, I’m currently looking at Trampa 6.5" Urban Treads or @torqueboards 6.3"… BTW Dex, do you sell replacement 6.3" tires and tubes? or only full sets including hubs?
I’d buy your hub/wheel assembly, but It will not work for what I have in mind. Will your 6.3" tires work on other hubs? specifically Trampa Superstars?

I really like the TB pneumies, road them in trails this past wknd and they were awesome. Also, from speaking to Dex, he told me that you can use Trampa tires on those hubs, if that helps. Here’s me and my son this past wknd. BTW, me and my son both have TB pneumies.

3 Likes

Dude. I don’t know if there are other reports. But my experience alone should not be a reference for early wear. For whatever reason (I’m fat) I’m really hard on pneumatics.
I liked the TB tires. The ride feel was good.
They are certainly very grippy. But I kind of assumed all pneumatics were.

At this point I like the six-shooters better.
Maybe it has to do with the board I had them on.

But I think they are a bit more cushy.

The price point on the TB tires is really good for a set.

The six-shooter replacement tires are really cheap though at 11 bucks from Amazon.

The clever 6x2 s are supposed to last forever. But not for me… These are not that used…

4 Likes

@Kook Yes, we have replacement tires and tubes. 6.3" should work fine on MBS/Trampa/Evolve.

2 Likes

Duuuude. If you ever think that your shit might have gotten wet, best thing to do is disconnect EVERYTHING from the battery immediately, don’t try and turn it on :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

I plugged my keyboard back in after I spilled water on it 'casue I thought it was working fine when I immediatley unplugged it.

It turned on for like half a second then no more.

8 Likes

thanks my dude… we’ll be in touch!!!
your “friends” have already linked me keys to where I needed t lok… thanks
@rafaelinmissouri

3 Likes

Yep. My judgement was set on extra low today. I should have turned around 50 yards after going into the super muddy trail… But it was so fun actually making it through the mud… If this board does not come back to life parts are definitely getting stolen from another one to keep it going…

2 Likes

shit yeah!
I flew a kwad into thundermudfuck dunked her in a bucket of water… electronics spray and slow dry in the sun… she still flies GREAT!

4 Likes

man I love the veneer and graphic on that deck

1 Like

Raf, any issues with those matrix boardnamics mounts?

1 Like

No issues. The bolts are extra beefy. I think you can Crank it the fuck down. I have not had to re tighten or anything. They have not moved… But again. I don’t have a billion miles or have jumped off stairs…

1 Like

You seen this drop on the broken road.

8 Likes

when peeps ask me about electric esk8… I show them this clip… FIRST!!!*

1 Like

If I can keep my MBS set up going my goal is to learn how to jump up and down curbs… Baby steps…

1 Like

my best curb jumps are 9-out of-10… successful…

that one fukking one HURTS!!!

1 Like

Yeah that’s fuckin mad

Kids.
It is ok to set up your board with stupid low clearance on the motors.
It is not ok, however to try to roll over giant rocks…
This motor dead…

8 Likes