Mtb battery question

Damn… I can’t find any good belt setups for matrix’s :disappointed_relieved:

Evolve motor mounts have been solid for me. Old pic but closest I could find without going downstairs and taking a photo.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m not on matrix. Im using street carvers with unik mounts

1 Like

Bear in mind the efficiency off road is very poor, here’s one from my last jaunt (bear in mind I’m on gears too)

I ride an 8P at the moment, was about 60% charged when I started. I want to build a 12S4P for it

2 Likes

Damn… I was planning on chains but the efficiency would take too much of a hit… Trynna find a belt setup for Matrix 2s is like impossible :joy:

1 Like

Doesnt Idea do them?

I’m sure he has matrix 2 belt drive kits

1 Like

Yeah, but trynna keep it in the states since I’m already gonna be too much over budget :neutral_face:

Anyone used Janus Matrix mounts? Expensive but they look to be really nice…

1 Like

Oh, RIP then.

Idea makes some of the best belt kits about, just fitted one of his to a trampa and its lovely

5 Likes

Janus almost looks like an exact copy of those :grin: Think I’ll go with Janux…

The only reason I went with unik was because idea was on holiday and I was too impatient to wait…mounts are great but the guy took weeks to ship while telling me he had shipped them out the same day.
My efficiency doesnt take much of a big hit when I offroad on the mountain. I end up with an average of 17.55wh/km. 12s6p makes it unnoticeable :slight_smile:

Though I must admit stress levels and adrenaline go sky high when I offroad with this kind of build :rofl:

What about budget MTBs? Recommendations for 8x2 pneumatics on channel trucks and dual mounts for $250ish that are not made of butter?

My comment was directed at you goof.

Evolve makes matrix 2 mounts

@Eboardsolutions you have any left?

@ZachTetra Try out @dickyho’s new at setup. I’ll link it here in a sec when I find it. He makes quality stuff for cheap and has a lot of positive feedback.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I’m very smart… Mind sending a link?

He mentions it here but the website link is for evolve mounts. I’d just message him directly or on that thread.

3 Likes

I was looking at his stuff and he carries a new channel truck kit but the motor mount is stamped sheet metal so I was wondering if there was anything more robust, DIYEboards has a mount but it’s $88 shipped still

Never ever ever forever.

2 Likes

Yeah but it’s a single piece of CNC aluminum, how bad can it be?

http://www.diyeboard.com/images/mce_upload/15451825840.jpg

Follow up is more relevant here

Found em thanks!! Not sure what ratio to use… I’m using 190kv’s since I already have one which makes the ratio hard to find :neutral_face:

1 Like

I think @Boardnamics also has some matrix 2 mounts.

2 Likes

I’m at 15:72 and it’s very speedy. If you want medium offroad and mostly street, aim for that ratio or slightly higher if you want more torque. I find it plenty for wheelies.

2 Likes