Mtb battery question

Thanks! What wheel pulleys are you using?

Ones from @IDEA.

They are pricey but he includes everything nicely packaged and labeled

2 Likes

Do you get a lot of punch with that ratio? Iā€™m on 15/44

I canā€™t full throttle from a start but I could use a bit more on really steep dirt hills. Enough torque that I havenā€™t bought other pulleys

5 Likes

What batt and motor max amps do you have set?

Iā€™m using roughly the same ratio with 150kvā€™s at very low power settings and donā€™t get that umpfh Iā€™d need for wheelies because Iā€™m already at risk of falling off under acceleration.

Battery at 95A, motors at 60A normally. I kicked it up to 80A on the motors now thatā€™s its been colder.

@DEEIF You can try mine next time you come to the outlaw race. 1:6.25 and 130kv or my buddyā€™s 1:5 and 150kv.

1 Like

I use a 12s6p and use about 12wh/km on my MTB. Longest trip I did is just 23km but still had plenty of range :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been lucky to get down to 21wh/mi mixed terrain but flat and going 15mph ish.

Itā€™s no fun riding that economically though.

Damn! Thanks! Are you gonna be at the next one on Nov 3?

1 Like

Iā€™m around 12-15wh/mi on roads and light trails, but proper off road stuff no chance, not for a guy of my weight. I ride 10S8P though so :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thats quite efficient, I wonder what I would get with helical geardrives :open_mouth: Whats your average range?

1 Like

Iā€™ve only rinsed the battery once, we did 25 miles but it was full throttle the whole way on concrete. I had some left but cant remember what. I think 30 miles would be achievable at reasonable power levels

3 Likes

What you guys think for runnin a 12s5p for an Emtbā€¦ Mostly street and rides with only a 15-25mph avgā€¦ I only weigh 100 pounds :joy:

1 Like

I think that would be a nice battery size bro :ok_hand:

1 Like

That should get you some good range even if youā€™re blasting it.

1 Like

Yayā€¦ Iā€™m hoping for 20ish miles which seems acceptable as I get 13wh/mile on my 12s4p single wheel drive with a ton of hillsā€¦ (9wh/km)

1 Like

Nice! Ive yet to run my pack fully dry from being charged up I think my legs would give out first tbh xD Thinking of making a concave to make it more comfy or maybe get some better shoes idk. A concave mod would perhabs be a cool video idea if you are interested in that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have it logged as a video idea, I have the printer to do it but not sure if I would personally like it as I wear full bindings with heels when I am tooling around in the woodsā€¦ kinda makes concave mods a bit pointless I guess?

1 Like

What pressure do you run on tires? I think this is the main culprit of people getting poor efficiency, when I tested my 6.5" tires I pumped them as much as I could with a hand pump, and consumed just 1~2 Wh/km more than with 85mm wheels

1 Like