Mtb battery question

I see alot of 4p battery/enclosure setups for mtb but is it really enough to enjoy a ride?

Depends if your definition of enjoy is long range or jumping around like a maniac.

My setup is 1P lol.

3 Likes

Really depends on your trails and plans.

If you have clear flat woods paths, yes that will be fine.

If you have hills and obstacles to play with, you may want a bit more.

If you just want a jumper, 1p or 2p is fine as gravity does most of the work for you.

1 Like

I mean eMTBs are 20Wh/mi ish so each 10s1p worth of cells is like another 5 miles of range, I can’t imagine you use it for more than 10 miles every few days since it’s way to heavy for a commuter board

1 Like

It really depends. For me, my MTB is my primary board so I want a ton of range (6P). Some people only takes it out for trail riding. It definitely is heavy (40lb) but I’ve been at it for over a year now and I’ve gotten use to it.

2 Likes

Im often over 40wh/mile, have a 12s7p 30Q and im only 70kg. I regret not making it bigger :sob: Its all about how you ride, im a long distance cruiser. I can get down to 30wh/mile if i really slow things down.

1 Like

20wh/mile?! Aren’t they more like 20wh/km?

1 Like

That’s what I recorded with 8” pneumatics on grass, my street board gets like 9wh/mi

WHAT?!??!?! Thats ridiculous efficiency. I’m at 13wh/km on 107s, ~16.5 wh/km on 60psi bergmeisters.

1 Like

6Wh/mi on 76mm penny board, 9Wh/mi on 90mm longboard, 15Wh/mi on 145mm longboard, 21Wh/mi on 200mm longboard

1 Like

Yes it really depends on what you want to do with it. Lightweight mtb for those jumps and tricks or heavy because you want/need to go far. Batteries are heavy.

I’d love to have a lightweight mtb but need the range to ride to the parks,have fun messing about, and ride home so heavy and full of batteries it is.

How heavy are you/how fast do you ride? Those are some craaaazy values.

Yeah it all depends on what you use it for. My off-road board has a 10s3p 30q and it’s not bad for me. Gets me like 12 miles in ideal conditions

2 Likes

Hmm, usually 10 to 20 mph…relatively flat ground

1 Like

I am over here getting 8 miles on 444 watt hour. I think 15-20 miles would be ideal. But mine if just for off-roading fun.

I get 13wh/km on innova 7" tires going 50kmh :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

jealous.

1 Like

Apparently I worked wonders efficiency wise with my build :rofl:

2 Likes

Is yours belt drive?

@DEEIF yup