Mountainboarding Questions (Safety Gear, Riding Techniques, etc.)

Yes it is.
If you don’t like it you just wasted a little grip tape.

1 Like

So what exactly is better ?

Easier to balance or make turns or is it just the “feeling” ?

More leverage when turning and less tiring on the feet.

1 Like

Ok I will simulate that using cardboard when I do my next ride and see how I like it

Had my first fall today, but with protector shorts. I’m glad, that I have only scratches.

5 Likes

Welcome to the club :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got my Hardshort today and I ordered the wrong size. Same with my helmet.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I got my new boots today.
As I have US14 it is not so easy.

flat and soft sole, looks like to be perfect for Mountainboarding.

Ordered the Dainese Hard Short E1 in XL and they fit great.
Wearing them under some Motocross or Downhill bike pants or shorts looks to be the perfect combination for the summer. :smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone know what size spacers are required between bearings on MBS and/or Trampa wheels

Rockstar 2s is around 22mm. I need a battery for my caliper to be able to measure

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’m gonna have to order some. I think I’ll need more than that in the inside of the wheel too, to get the wheel all the way to the outside.

Mbs fivestar uses 16mm

1 Like

Awesome. I assume the Rockstar 2s are different?

I don’t have a set to compare but 16mm came with both times I ordered fivestars.

1 Like

Great, I appreciate it.

I’m hearing from other people that RS2s are 22.4mm. I’ll let you know what I find.

1 Like

Trampa Superstar hubs 17.8mm, Hypa hubs 18.2mm.
Or 16.5mm plus 2mm o-ring (not my favourite).

2 Likes

Thank you, we need to compile this info, it is fairly difficult to find without buying the wheels.

5 Likes

trampa state this info on his website, but you need to search for „bearing spacer“ or read the assembly instructions.
@mbs said they didn’t use spacer usually but might add some to there assortment in future.

1 Like

Let’s add the megastars as well with 13.8mm as min according to the information I found on the trampa side.

1 Like

For trampa trucks you need spacer between bearings and between bearing and hanger. As min for 8“ wheels.
On Matrix2 you don’t need the spacer between hub and hanger. I have like 1-2 1mm spacer there only. It’s already enough to get the hub to the total end of the shaft.

3 Likes