Mountainboarding Questions (Safety Gear, Riding Techniques, etc.)

I really should get a set of calipers. Thanks.

looks like 70mm diameter from bolt center to other side of the “circle” of bolts. Add a few mm to account for the extra material of the flat head bolt and it’s about 80mm.

So it looks like this will fit fine. https://www.gearsandsprockets.co.uk/06b-1-30t-steel-platewheel.html

Might even have room to go a bit smaller for more top speed and ground clearance.

1 Like

They have an overview of diameters
https://www.gearsandsprockets.co.uk/3-8-06b-platewheel-simplex-sprockets/

30t is about 100mm with chains. So 12.5mm clearance on gummies :thinking:

You thinking like 28t or 27t then?

It’s a just for fun project. I don’t mind to scratch the chains a bit :sweat_smile:

My problem with sprockets is that I don’t have the tools to drill the hole pattern accurately and maybe take some material out of the center.

1 Like

Yah I’ll need to find someone with a drill press for that.

Had one before my parents moved to Mexico to retire lol

1 Like

Maybe @akhlut can help us or know somebody who could do that?

1 Like

I even don’t have a drill man :tipping_hand_man:

1 Like

I don’t think either my drill or my budget for bits would want to do it by hand lol

You see my problem… still manage somehow to build some nice boards :nerd_face:

Yeah I guess it’s very practical to make whipped cream as well.

1 Like

But seriously I don’t see how I can drill a 50mm diameter hole out of a 5mm steel sprocket on which the center was already removed without any proper place to fix the sprocket

2 Likes

I don’t mind doing it for you.:grin:
A drill press, drill, power drill, dremel etc.

3 Likes

Oh that would be great :+1:
@Mainflow will come back to that offer when I have cleared our minds :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just did the numbers with 28tooth; it almost perfectly matches the gearing I have now on 200mm tires.

1 Like

You’ll pay for shipping. A round file will do the job.

I would also gladly pay for the Feierabend Bier than :joy:

1 Like

@Mainflow if you’e drilling these I’d happily pay for 2 sprockets + drilling fee + shipping to USA.

1 Like

I can give it to Klaus

1 Like

Really old post, but is there any failsafe of the heelstraps in case of an accident? Like on ski.

Nope.
You go down with the ship, like the captain…

5 Likes