Mountainboard Build | E-Toxx Helical Direct Drive | 6374 BioBoards | VESC6

Just printed a motor protection case.
Not sure if it will affect the temps much but I will test this soon

7 Likes

Short Video of todays ride:

And some photos:

Have to re-design my Motor Protectors as one got knocked out already from a bigger Stone… this will be the newer design with more flex and more “air to breathe” for the motor

6 Likes

So finished the new motor protector design. Hope this can resist stones better.

9 Likes

What material did you print with? I’m thinking nylon or tpu would be best case here.

Bonus points if you get a temperature sensative filament that heats up as your motors do.

2 Likes

At the moment it is PLA because I don’t have another material on Hand… but yeah Nylon or TPU might be the best solution

Just because I finally found the gif…

Definitely interested in how these covers hold up!

4 Likes

Well I can imagine that when hitting a rock when you stand on the board going around 30km/h there will be no material that will not break off or get damaged.

PLA is quite rigid but breaks easily. ABS might be a little bit tougher (I just found a blue ABS Filament) - but yeah for now I have both motors with the new covers and see how this goes and then go from there :blush:

4 Likes

Looking for some replacement bearings…
What you guys think about those:

grafik

1 Like

Try Graphene, it conducts heat and strong as fuck

1 Like

I’m interested in where you got your mesh sleeves for the wires going from VESCs to motors. I’m waiting for my e-toxx helical drive and I want something as slick as your sleeve.

BTW - your tattoo sleeve is pretty sick too.

1 Like

Hey man…
I got the sleeves from Amazon

And thanks for mentioning my tattoo sleeve as well :smiley:

1 Like

You also did something interesting at the end of the sleeve. Is that just duct tape or something?

1 Like

Those are shrinking tubes to make the transition smoother :slight_smile:

Why not getting some alu/copper/brass sleeves? Durable and Priti

1 Like

I wanted to stick to the overall theme and don’t have too many material and color mixes.
So the light grey sleeves seemed the best. I knew that white sleeves would turn grey anyways and then decided to go for those.
I am not looking for a pimp my ride appearance with as many bling as possible.
But that’s a personal choice

1 Like

Added some more protection

8 Likes

So I designed a very simple Trampa Logo Badge for my VESC Box.

It was printed with two different resins (white/black) on a DLP Printer.

Here is the STL (just scale to your liking)

6 Likes

Received a GT2B Today and modded it… Will have to wait until my left finger healed and then I can try this remote on my Mountainboard… Have seen some people raving about it and want to see what’s it all about :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Ive got a gt2b aswell, never let me down :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Closed the potentiometer holes (because they are of no use for me) with blue UV resin. Used clear resin inside the LED Holes to diffuse the light better as well.

Turned out quite ok

10 Likes