Mountainboard Build | E-Toxx Helical Direct Drive | 6374 BioBoards | VESC6

Photoshoot

18 Likes

You did a great job on this board man!

Seems like everyone likes the blue spokes lately lol, Iā€™ve seen like 5 new mtbā€™s with them

3 Likes

Thanks man

Well when I designed my board I directly wanted to go for the Blue/White Theme as it just looked best to me personally.

Not sure why the hype for this color at the moment - but I canā€™t be mad - I love it myself :smiley:

1 Like

Because meā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:
Just jkā€¦ itā€™s just a nice combination.

4 Likes

Tirol? Where exactly? Iā€™m from Innsbruck :slight_smile:

Wattens :wink:

Iā€™m building my MTB at the moment - but maybe we could go for a ride with our longoards? :slight_smile: hit me up if you like to ! greetz Mattl

1 Like

Added a 3D printed strut to stabilize my front lights.
They are nice and stiff now

7 Likes

This board looks sick, do you have a link for the battery case? And about the bearings, get some SKF explorers, 2RS denomination for full contact river seals, it will be pretty expensive, but worth

1 Like

Thanksā€¦ I found that those 2RS Bearings are quite expensive so I will ride the ones I have until there is no other way around it at the moment.

The battery case is my own design and I made many revisions - not sure If I can sort out the correct ones at the moment - it also only works for 12S4P with the wiring that I saw fit (didnā€™t draw a schematic).
If you are still interested I will dig around and try to find the STLā€™s

EDIT: @Pedrodemio aaah I just now got it - you mean the box in which I put the battery etc. not the 3d printed battery case itself ?

2 Likes

This is the Box I used for my Battery, AntiSparkSwitch, Voltmeter, BMS

grafik

Its called the UK Ultrabox 408

2 Likes

Yep, thanks, I will take a look

Man what a build! Soooo clean. I have been debating a emtb for a while now and between you @Andy87 and @taz I am getting very worn down. Damn the lot of you. Iā€™ll go red and white though. Its much faster.

2 Likes

Yeah I heard Red is around 27,8% faster than blue.

Thanks for the compliment on the build - I tried my best to have it clean and as compact / light as possible without giving up power and distrance too much.

10 Likes

When I finally get round to building mine I will be referring to this build. That rear vesc box looks to me like a guitar pedal enclosure, is it plastic or aluminium? That was a lucky find either way.

1 Like

Well I bought this enclosure when I was in Thailandā€¦ There was a Radio Shack shop that had all kind of enclosures for DIY projects and I was just eyeballing the dimensions haha :smiley:

Usually those are used if you build any kind of DIY electronics so you can mount your PCBs and potentiometers and switches in them.
Funny thing is that it also only was around 1,50 ā‚¬

The enclosure is plastic and I have no thermal issues at all. Itā€™s also quite water resistant

3 Likes

Youā€™re like me. I hit all the shops for esk8 bits. We have Jaycar over here that sells all sorts of random electronic bits and pieces. I managed to source this twin focbox enclosure locally for a couple of bucks. Saves the wait time for on line stuff

Thread is bookmarked for total plagiarism down the line. Great build man.

7 Likes

Glad my build can inspire your buildā€¦ Thats whats its all about - inspire each other to end up with a board that makes us happy.

The build in your photo looks sick as well :volcano:

2 Likes

Thats just my test rig. Its killed a lot of components that thing lol.

1 Like

If I had a cent for every VESC I killed I would haveā€¦

4 cents now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes