Motor and ESC compatibility

defo is

1 Like

Unless you plan on letting the board sit for a year or so. Always disconnect the battery if your store them for winter break.

1 Like

In practice, this usually means loopkey OR open up the enclosure.

Opening the enclosure up twice a year is defo easier than implementing a loopkey ↓

With a lid on a carbon deck, opening it is extremely easy. I open my cf shortboard to charge it since I don’t wanna drill holes.

:face_vomiting:

6 m4 bolts. Really doesnt bother me.

Here a thread about current draw @Kweld_on

Nice timing @jaykup :smiley:

1 Like

Im about to run a loopkey in my hurricane. im using a custom 3d printed riser that has space for 2 loopkeys, just run it out of the back where the motor wires come out.

1 Like

In fact, that is not how it works. Sadly, I will now be waiting for an ESC too. Honestly, it’s not the worst thing, was needed eventually.

For reference, power is being delivered to my new 6384 Flipsky motors, but it will make a clicking noise? (Almost like slapping two magnets together, it’s quiet tho) and I’ve tried various configurations of the bullet connectors.
I hope I’m not stupid and the fact that they are larger is the problem.

A video would help to see if its normal or not

I really should have video’d it but because it’s raining today, I’ll open er back up. Get back to you soon, but just bought a sky art duo anyway

Walnuts!! The hall sensor is 5 pin on the shitty Ling-ayo ESC

Yeah thats correct. Should have remembered lmao.

Order this off of amazon, its what i use whenever i need to change a JST Connector: Amazon.com

This has 2-6 pin JST Ends and will allow you to unplug the temp wire and change it to a 5 pin. you can just wrap the temp wire end in electrical tape.

lmk if this isnt coherent, im running on 2 hours of sleep.

:face_vomiting:

Use any tape except that

Some heat shrink should work to keep that protected

i was thinking about that aswell but he may not have heat shrink or a heat gun.

So painters tape then?:joy:

Thanks for the tip, but I’ve already purchased a skyart duo at this point!

1 Like