Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

Done. Sure hope I did it right.

4 Likes

I should have known this would end badly.

6 Likes

Yasss! That’s tops!

2 Likes
2 Likes

This is disturbingly close to the actual event. Biggest difference is he’s sporting bigger lipstick than me.

3 Likes

I now (since selling my LiPo’s) have half of the $$$ I need to build a 12S9P with 30Q’s. Thinking of potentially going 12P, although 9P provides all the Amps I need for dual 6374.

Time to Sell More Stuff!

1 Like

I run 7p vtc5a and do not have any issues with sag. Range is 33-35km only though.
I think you are good with 8p 30qs already in case the moneys are the limiting thing.

2 Likes

I’m building with @Kaly kits, and the restriction is both due to the 12S3P modules and finances. I’m actually also considering buying 160 or so cells from @Dog and shipping to Australia.

1 Like

Right, forgot about the fact that you use those modules :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Soldering 6.5 to 3.5 adapters complete! First time from mains using a laptop PSU too, used to do it all with a 6S LiPo before.

1 Like

This heatsink job gives me anxiety, you should replace it so that no metal is showing underneath. No one likes a shorted phase lead…

6 Likes

Will do! There’s more to be done around there, but definitely something I’ll be paying attention to. Thanks!

2 Likes

If you don’t need that much current you can go with LG MJ1, $ 2,69 each and still 120 A on a 12P, and more range as a bonus

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61608

Drilling and cutting little holes takes a while, and I thought I was finishing tonight! Finished up my phase connector isolation too, thanks @MauveMaverick!

4 Likes

@malJohann if the mj1 interests you, you can get them for $7 each here if you sign up for a wholesale account with techaroundyou.

1 Like

Vs $6 for the 30Q? I think I’ll pass, or do you think I should still consider it?

2 Likes

:man_shrugging: up to you. The mj1 is going to have a much better lifespan and extended capacity. Depending on various things, you may or may not see some sag with them tho.

1 Like

Why, because 500mAh more capacity, or am I missing other factors?

30q doesn’t have a great lifespan… roughly 500 cycles before it starts to seriously degrade. I’m not 100% but I assume the MJ1 would be a lot better.

And yes… 500mah x 100 or so cells is a lot more capacity

5 Likes

From my research, MJ1 has one of the best and 30q one of the worst cycle lifes. Completely different field of application though. 30q is worth it if you plan on pulling a lot, often.

5 Likes