Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

That’s great

2 Likes

Looks sick af!

1 Like

:wink::rofl::man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

That’s sweet! Can’t wait to see metr data…

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have metr Pro (non-Unity), so that’ll have to wait. I will have Stormcore app data though.

1 Like

Going for a ride in a couple of hours when I get out the house!

The build is not pretty yet, but she sure spins the wheels!

4 Likes

Next up is a heatsink that pokes out of the backpack, since I keep on running high speed and high temp on the ESCs.

3 Likes

Fuck that is really high temp. How you gonna do the heatsink?

2 Likes

50x25mm aluminium L-section back to back forming a T-section, about 150mm long, with 100mm of the “T” cut off. The remaining 50x50mm “T” is the bit that pokes out, and the 150mm lies flat on top of the battery pack.

Then the ESCs get mounted on either side of the 150mm piece, and on the 50x50mm I put a CPU heatsink, might add a cooling fan later too.

1 Like

Wow those got toasty, what currents are you set at?

1 Like

1 Like

Excuse the french but thats a cuntload of current at that voltage… you’d be cooking your motors surely?

6 Likes

Max limits mate, doesn’t mean I get there 99% of the time. Keep in mind it depends on what the battery can supply and for how long too.

2 Likes

What’s the wattage of the motors? Surely you’re over max limits

1 Like

Rated for 4032W each. Max Amps on my last run was 94.3A at 57.0V for one motor and 89.8A for the other, so guess I was over by about 1100W for a short period of time.

Do you think I should be looking at 6396’s or 6380’s?

4 Likes

Lol nah man i think you should be lowering your current :rofl:

But see how the heatsink goes first :+1:

2 Likes

What I meant was, you seem concerned for the longevity / potential failure of my motors, plus who wants to go lower power anyway?

1 Like

Not necessarily concerned for the motors, more so pushing that much current at that voltage. Doesn’t that antispark only have a 60a fuse? And your settings are at 100 battery amps per side :sweat_smile:

I don’t think the escs should be getting that hot. I also don’t think you need that much current.

2 Likes

Okay, now you’re talking sense to me. So it’s a 60A fuse, but apparently only pops at 95A (right @Blasto?), and I only drew max 63.6A on my last run. Battery current is the total, not per side IIRC.

But you’re running single ESCs

1 Like