Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

Right, forgot about the fact that you use those modules :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Soldering 6.5 to 3.5 adapters complete! First time from mains using a laptop PSU too, used to do it all with a 6S LiPo before.

1 Like

This heatsink job gives me anxiety, you should replace it so that no metal is showing underneath. No one likes a shorted phase lead…

6 Likes

Will do! There’s more to be done around there, but definitely something I’ll be paying attention to. Thanks!

2 Likes

If you don’t need that much current you can go with LG MJ1, $ 2,69 each and still 120 A on a 12P, and more range as a bonus

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61608

Drilling and cutting little holes takes a while, and I thought I was finishing tonight! Finished up my phase connector isolation too, thanks @MauveMaverick!

4 Likes

@malJohann if the mj1 interests you, you can get them for $7 each here if you sign up for a wholesale account with techaroundyou.

1 Like

Vs $6 for the 30Q? I think I’ll pass, or do you think I should still consider it?

2 Likes

:man_shrugging: up to you. The mj1 is going to have a much better lifespan and extended capacity. Depending on various things, you may or may not see some sag with them tho.

1 Like

Why, because 500mAh more capacity, or am I missing other factors?

30q doesn’t have a great lifespan… roughly 500 cycles before it starts to seriously degrade. I’m not 100% but I assume the MJ1 would be a lot better.

And yes… 500mah x 100 or so cells is a lot more capacity

5 Likes

From my research, MJ1 has one of the best and 30q one of the worst cycle lifes. Completely different field of application though. 30q is worth it if you plan on pulling a lot, often.

5 Likes

From the comparison here, there’s good reason to consider the MJ1.

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

Not only higher cycle life, but more capacity will have me charging less.

Also, I’ll be running at least 12S9P and need up to 80A current out of the battery.

2 Likes

80 or 160? I thought you were shooting for 160

1 Like

80A battery and 160A combined motor current.

2 Likes

Mj1 12s9p will only give you 90a continuous, i expect you might see a little sag with that setup.

1 Like

How so if I only require 80A? Might have to go 12P then?

It depends how you ride. Just because something is rated for 10a continuous, doesn’t mean you won’t see voltage sag at 7a

3 Likes

Yeah, I do have a 26 degree hill to my driveway, and my Evolve BGT sagging up that hill was why I got into DIY in the first place.

out of curiosity, why solder a bullet to another bullet and not replace the smaller bullet?

3 Likes