Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

I’m running 100a battery and 100A per motor without any issues for quite a while now.

2 Likes

How about startup Amps and brakes?

100A breaks is sharp but never had any problems with it. What you mean startup amps?

Asked this question once “Does unsensored FOC get cogging?” and @mmaner answered “ Not really, if it does up the startup boost value”.

So apologies, not startup amps, but startup boost.

2 Likes

Never touched it but I use sensors

1 Like

Tight, matter of fact when I add the rubber standoffs under the corners of the Unity, I reckon it won’t move at all. Backpack electronics enclosure build started!

7 Likes

Nice! Whats that enclosure you got there?

1 Like

Jaycar mate.

1 Like

Wow… you must be the only person in Australia who has found something from Jaycar that is useful for esk8 :joy:

2 Likes

Incredible isn’t it?! :rofl:

1 Like

Absolutely unfathomable.

1 Like

Like it was tailor made for the Unity, just enough gap around it for airflow with the plastic standoffs just inside the screws.

1 Like

What happens if you fall off and accidentally squeeze the throttle and the board flies away?

It unplugs and stops as designed, this has already been tested three times when I fell on my ass. There is stress relief on my connectors at key points.

2 Likes

OK thats good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lmao best thing i read all day. What plastic is being used though? i would be scared that the unity heat-sink might melt the enclosure in the long run

3 Likes

What plastic are electronics enclosures usually made of, PET?

Doesn’t really matter, because it’ll have active cooling anyway.

1 Like

You have space for watercooling in your backpack. I have some old GPU PC blocks I’m planning to try with FocBoxs - backpack would be so perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was thinking air, not sure I’d want the added risk of liquid cooling. It’s fine for a stationary PC case, but for a backpack that should be able to take impacts?

I don’t think it’s a good idea, plus added weight and bulk, I really think air cooling will be enough. More so since Unity’s do just fine inside sealed enclosures.

1 Like

the only part I worry about is the reservoir I thought about using something like this to survive a fall

I was into PC water-cooling ~15 years ago so have lots of old crap lying around - saw someone testing the temp differences with VESC using WC and it rekindled my madness :wink:

2 Likes