MoonRover | 16s9p | 4WD Moon GD | Moon hubs | Lunas |

I’ll make this a proper thread with progressions on this thing I’ve been working on for about a year now ASAP. As for now, components:

• Dual Moon GD (4WD)
  • Moon hubs on 10" tyres
  • 16s9p 40T’s
  • Dual Ubox
  • Luna trucks
  • 173KV Reacher motors

I have alot of work in terms of cleaning and setting up this thing for the longterm, but just a teaser for anyone who cares:

Testing tomorrow! Thanks @kevingraehl for the motors like a year ago or whenever that was and @moon for the sick gear :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

38 Likes

Wow this is gonna be a rocket

4 Likes

That laugh lol.

Murder board!

6 Likes

Great build! I like your woohooo though! :smile:

1 Like

Damn what a beast!

2 Likes

Finally!!!

2 Likes

Big boi! You by any chance got a link for those tyres? :grin:

1 Like

(2 Pack) AR-PRO 10" Off-Raod Replacement All-Purpose Utility Tire and Tube - 4.10/3.50-4" Pneumatic Tires with 10" Inner Tubes for Lawn Mowers, ATV, Hand Trucks, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P4565ZZ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_AY66DZFMR40GW4PX4PFW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

OK time to update this thing and talk a bit more about it I guess.

Here’s some more of the process that went into it. I didn’t do a great job of documenting everything, but meh…here we go…

Battery Building
16s9p 40T’s, double stacked 30 x .2 mm nickel for series connections. Gonna swap out the dumb daly for a smart one

The first iteration was pretty funny. For testing, I cut out a plastic cup and jammed my power switches for the uboxes in them and glued them on :rofl: :rofl:

This was with 10" tyres which was just no fun. Too big and not torquey enough, even with 4WD. Swapped out for 9" after this.

@PedroMcJimenez on the board =)

@Posterduck :rofl: :rofl:

So now finally got some proper boxes all printed out kudos to @kotman3 for designing

then thanks fo @poastoast for modding the file for me proper

Then I did s hit ton of winter proofing, involving lots of butyl tape, moving the battery 90* to make more room for ankles, none of which was documented, but you get the idea. Final product?

And she rips pretty fuckin good. @PedroMcJimenez once again breaking her in:

That’s as detailed as I’m getting with this one. Gonna swap out the lunas with some other @moon trucks whenever his inventions come to fruition. Can’t wait!

18 Likes

Pulled my friend on his skis thru downtown. I’d say this build lived up to its intended purpose!

14 Likes

I’m impressed you get that much grip

3 Likes

On the pavement it worked nice but as soon as I got onto the snow I would slide out

3 Likes

Hell to the yes dude!

Definitely pull him by hand if you want better control. I found that when my kid’s sled is tied to the back, it makes my back end drift too much on turns.

3 Likes

dude its scary af hahah he pulled me flat on my ass once good :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe it would work better with a stick? You get the reach of a rope but none of the slop, just make sure it’s never inline with either of you

2 Likes

9 Likes

wait for it

9 Likes

Hahaha that’s epic!

2 Likes

robot sled dog

9 Likes

Welp, it’s a sad day for the moonrover, one esc caught fire during the ride and took out the other esc somehow as well. Possibly just the antispark circuit went out on the other one, but it does not turn on anymore.

I’m not sure what caused the fire but the foam was there so it was not the vibrations. The CAN was acting funny y on yhe ESC during motor detection the night before. I’m in talks with spintend atm to figure it out. Sad day =(

8 Likes