Mooch’s Bench Test Results: Molicel M50A – 15A 4800mAh/5000mAh 21700

It performed pretty well, beating the Samsung 50E by a bit. But the Samsung 50G still outperforms this cell by a little.

Full test report here: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/bench-test-results-molicel-m50a-–-15a-4800-5000mah-21700-outperforms-the-samsung-50e.950981/

26 Likes

Fingers crossed for the Tesla cell to be within the range of these :sweat_smile: cmoooooon 15amps!!!

6 Likes

Have you tested that pack you built yet? I’m receiving mine today and honestly, even if they perform just slightly under spec, I’d be happy because of how cheap they turned out to be. 100 cells for $250 that’s crazy

4 Likes

No have not, the ankle injury is a real boner kill. A few more weeks.

3 Likes

My prediction for that cell is gloomy. IMO Tesla just doesn’t need high current ratings as it always comes at the expense of…well…expense and capacity. Those two things are critical for Tesla.

Hoping I am wrong though!

5 Likes

Oh shit. Had no idea, hope you get better my dude. I guess I’ll let you know how mine goes 🤷

Hey @Battery_Mooch mooch- these results look promising. So, they outperform the 50E in terms of continuous discharge by about 10%.

@Skyart … looks like another flux build w these in the mix may be a necessity

2 Likes

The Samsung 50G looks like an amazing cell, Do you know why all news of it stopped after 2018? @Battery_Mooch

h8YUprA TrMRpBl

TIL mooch is a member here. awesome.

4 Likes

That is why.

5 Likes

Aw damn, got excited for a bit :pensive:

1 Like

The current price on M50A is about double what a 50E would cost, not sure its worth it

1 Like

There’s always a tradeoff for performance. :frowning: Twice is a lot though.

3 Likes