Fogstar Wholesale - Exclusive battery prices for forum members in the UK and Europe

Can you ship cells worldwide like Nkon could? I’m guessing no :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would also like to know this looking for P42A (50x or 100x) plus shipping to AUS

Fogstar hooked me up today

Excited for Monday.

6 Likes

Thank you Ben slight increase in price but still a good deal, next day delivery just wish id brought the other bits aswell nickel, fiber washers finally got all the bits together and my spot welder blew up doh slaps head bbshd will have to wait a bit longer for 2xcubes. Any one recommend a good spot welder?

7 Likes

Hi guys - Can I pick your brains and have some advice if possible?

As you may or may not be aware, the new Samsung 50G is becoming available (21700/5000mAh/15A). The issue we are facing here, is that they don’t come with wraps. They are designed for Samsungs electric car project, and thus the pack design for the car means the cells are mechanically separated.

We don’t want to sell batteries without wraps - they are just too dangerous for us to be confident in shipping them.

How do we sell them without anyone either questioning our integrity, without pissing people off and for our customers to have confidence in them? We obviously really want to sell them because they are pretty amazing from a price/performance perspective.

We are one of the lucky few that have direct access to Grade A versions of these cells, which makes this more annoying!

Thanks!

11 Likes

If its for wholesale only you could shrink wrap them in clear

2 Likes

Maybe they could ship in cell holders. This wouldn’t cost to much in bulk and may encourage users to incorporate cell holders into their pack designs.

or

How do they arrive from Samsung?

do you have any idea of the likely cost of these cells?

3 Likes

I believe you simply need to explicitly advertise your Samsung 50E as “grade A new authentic cells received in batch from Samsung without wrap” and then you explicitly write on main page that you provide these authentic Samsung cells with Fogstar’s own wrap instead of bare cells, for obvious safety and insulation reasons.

You might also need to have an identification system on your wrap so people recognize easily their Samsung 50E amongst other cells I think.

Eventually send bare samples for test to Lygte and Mooch, and add the links on your page.

I assume that you’re asking about single wrap per cell and not wholesale wrap, right?

3 Likes

Omg! That cell is a game-changer for long range builds! :open_mouth:

Mooch review for those interested: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/bench-test-results-vapcell-g50-–-15a-5000mah-21700-best-performing-ultra-high-capacity-21700-now.943005/

4 Likes

Thanks, this is for the new 50G - These will never be wrapped by Samsung, ever for anyone, if you see an official ‘looking’ wrap like this one, it’s a Chinese made wrap that’s added afterwards by the retailer.

Although this solves a lot of issues, there’s something deceptive about it that annoys me a little.

I think perhaps the clear wrap is the way forward as ‘Samsung’ and ‘50G’ are printed on the can, and all the dates codes etc will be on the outer cartons that the cells come in.

13 Likes

What’s wrong with just shipping them in the carton they arrive in?

2 Likes

Nothing stopping us per-say. Just worried about not having the protection of a wrap and insulator on each cell.

6 Likes

Thanks. Couldnt find it for some reason

@BenF do you have an official datasheet?

1 Like

[INR21700-50G (1).pdf (1.4 MB)

2 Likes

Wrapless would only be for the most disciplined builders among us.

Looking at some of the DIY packs in this forum (including my own) it is a recipe for disaster. There is always lack of space in our builds :slight_smile:

Clear wrapping sounds cool.

1 Like

@BenF Hi Ben, are there some news regarding the 50G?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your support the last year. It’s pretty crap at the moment for battery retailers. Sony (Murata) had a factory closure due to production issues, demand then shifted to Samsung who had to close due to Covid, and now everyone’s switched to Panasonic which are being all bought up. Demand has increased but production is at an all time low hence severe shortages. Some experts I’ve spoken to say this could last until 2023…

Luckily due our supply deal with Molicel - we are a priority.

We have large stocks on the way of P42A, P26A, P28A, M35A & M50. We’re also excited for the new 3100mAh power cell 18650 (P31A) which should be released after summer.

19 Likes

Hey Ben,
I have tried to place a back-order on a bunch P42A, but looks like I still cant order it outside of UK(and Jersey and Guernsey). Do you have any info when I can order stuff from Hungary?

2 Likes

Sadly, that was the answer about shipping to EU on 18 February

3 Likes