MikEEEs hot wheels choose your own adventure.

shhiii.xml (7.9 KB) Shiiiii.xml (8.0 KB)

takin her out now

you said its gotta be in push to start or somthin because it gets coggy

If you unplugged the sensor wires and did the sensorless motor detection, you’ll have to be slightly rolling to get started. Otherwise it will be jerky or feel like it’s stuck.

2 Likes

And this was the last we ever heard of him…

1 Like

Yee

@mikEEE get it rolling at 2 or 3 mph before you throttle it and it won’t cog

1 Like

Raptor hubs were (are) this prone to overheating? Is this all a kv/gearing mismatch?

But also, doesn’t this urethane just kinda suck regardless of hot hubs?

Sorry, the struggle looks real here, just following in the background bc, well one of my names is Mi

I missed out on the Enertion drama for gen2. Bummer, except for that spicy redhead.

4 Likes

Yes, 100% accurate. It cooks into brittle cheese and than comes flying off in great big chunks. Common sense and logic are not our friends on this wild ride.

5 Likes

it looks like my “ignore” session on @mikEEE expired…

I just took a qwik look at this…

holy jamolly…

<l_current_max>60</l_current_max>

<l_current_min>-60</l_current_min>

running 60amps thru those craptor hubs… WTF

3 Likes

I didn’t look at his files but you and fessy tried to tell him this. Maybe he burnt up in an epic fire last night. Godspeed @mikEEE

2 Likes

He has ascended into the beyond realm, with raptor 3.0s and hubs that arent garbage.

3 Likes

@mikEEE let’s get those motor current settings down. say 25A.

With no temperature sensor and temp throttling your only defense against melting the insides together our the outsides off the hubs is to keep currents down. avoid long accelerations and hill climbs.

you can probably learn to keep a check on motor temps by hand, … but don’t burn yourself. get a feel for what type of riding keeps them in lower temp zone and stick with that.

2 Likes

We’re all hopin’ this went well and that getting used to sensorless went ok.

Yup as other answered, it’ll be a little fussy to start from a stop so just push it to get going a few mph and then give it throttle.

how’d it go?

1 Like

Hopefully @mikEEE didn’t hurt himself before reporting back here

worked like a charm , sorry was out havin a blast, feel’n good about this now, and the trucks are bac to the insane inferno they where best left at , hopfully not hotter then I remembered but that was so long i dont remem

even know half the season has sadly gone, I thank u all for helping me avoid spending a chuck of money and i cant tell you i couldnt feel any better

4 Likes

also noww is it to stupid to pin the throttle on me ? or is this still a concern ?

awesome. :slight_smile:

you’re at 60A on the motors. that’s gonna get hot. I strongly advise you to pull that back to as low as you can handle.

1 Like

naw 23.33 I feel good about that # ( got em at)

just a lil more beef then the bosst3d and evovle

1 Like

again thank you all <3 xDDDD life is good again baby !

I think you’re asking is it risky to go full throttle?

it’s risky to run too hot, running more current is more hot. more acceleration. going uphill. all is more current. going full throttle is using the most current your settings allow. very short bursts at full throttle is best.

limiting your motor current settings will help prevent some of that. the rest you will have to feel out, and take your own risks.

1 Like