Mid to high end Street board.

Thank you for your kind words. I am super hyped about getting my hands on my first eboard.

3 Likes

It’s gonna be a great one

1 Like

You are the much better judge of that than me but I think it will be alot if value for money. The only thing I am not sure about is the Flipsky motors, I have read mixed reviews about them. It will defenetly look the way I wanted. Wood is beautiful but there is something special about carbon fiber.

2 Likes

As long as they are battle hardened they will be fine. Early Flipsky motors were built very flimsy. They caught on to the trend of epoxying the magnets into place recently and since are better motors.

2 Likes

You see, this is the kind of information I would have never found if you weren’t here to help me.
I try to read as much as I can but it will take some time to wrap my head around this. Especially the batteries is something completely new to me.

2 Likes

I’m 2.5 years in and batteries are only just starting to make sense :joy:. It takes time. You absorb as you explore. I’m really good w mechanics and artistic design. Absolute shit w understanding electronics in detail. Each person has their own journey to be found here.

5 Likes

You and me both buddy. That’s why this build will fit me like a glove. The parts have already been tested and checked by a competent person who also takes care of the electrical stuff so I can do the fun parts of the build.

bioboards.se

5 Likes

Definitely way more high-end than mid end :smiley:

2 Likes

Metroboard.

3 Likes

Yea but it’s a local company to him :smiley:

Maybe he can take one for a ride and fall in love haha

5 Likes

Sound advice all around. @Ace

Coming from a surf and snowboard background I found that I love pneumatics after first running various sizes of thane.

I just can ride much farther without foot fatigue due to the lower vibration. It’s a different game when everything is downhill.

The setup from @Anubis looks sweet!

5 Likes

What size pulleys would you choose to this setup Ta achieve a 45-50 km/h top speed?

What kind of range can I expect with the 12S3P P42A battery and Dual Flipsky 6374 motors?

I am 100 kg and 180cm.

That depends on the size and type of the wheels.

You can play around with the parameters here: https://calc.esk8.news/#/0

For urethane wheels, use a motor efficiency of 90% and avg energy use of 8-12 wh/km
For pneumatics, use use a motor efficiency of 70% and avg energy use of 18-22 wh/km

Real world numbers will differ but that will give you a rough estimate.
With the setup you mentioned I’d expect roughly 35-40km range on urethane and 15-20km on pneumatics

2 Likes

Very nice. I will check it out.

The 35-40 km range is good enough for me. I asked because I was under the impression that 12s5p samsung 30Q was better and had longer range.

I don’t even know which cell types there are in the examples I mentioned :joy:

12S3P P42A battery
These are the Molicel p42a cells,

• 12 in series
  • 3 in parallel
  • 4200mAh capacity (4Ah based on tests by Mooch)
  • 30 A continuous current (per cell in parallel)
  • 40 A max current (per cell in parallel)

You put it in like this in the calculator:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Both of them are Li-ion. The difference is the that there are three instead of five in parallel?

Those numbers gave great speed and range.
If I’m anywhere near that I’m happy.

The samsung 30q have lower capacity and lower current output (3000mAh, 15A/20A) and are a different form factor (18650 vs 21700)

A 12s3p with molicel p42a is comparable to a 12s4p samsung 30q in terms of capacity in (both 12Ah), but the p42a are capable of higher current output.

Are you going with urethane wheels or pneumatics?

3 Likes