Mid to high end Street board.

Stiffer than the trampa and more concave (the orrsom is completely flat)

I’m actually buying parts for exactly that this black friday. My plan is Switchblade 40" deck with eboosted enclosure, 12s3p NESE (or could do 12s4p if you don’t need a flight safe battery), 3d servisas mini urethane gear drives on fat-boy surf rodz hangers. (Surf Rodz baseplates give enough wheel clearance to use 110 mm TB wheels on the switchblade without wheel-bite if you mount them 1 hole further and not drop through)

With all the black friday savings, The total price is just under 2000€. You can save some money buy going belt drive instead, but yeah – if that sounds what you’re looking for, then building is the way to go :+1:

1 Like

I like my boards with concave.
Yea the Orrsom looks flat but they claim it has 5% concave.

The hummie doesn’t have a lot of concave, but still more than the orrsom.
The drop through is also nice for lower CoG and more stable at speed.

1 Like

Sounds great but for that price I can have the Trampa assembled and delivered to my door.

Yes, I prefer drop through also. But best is if I can change hoemw the trucks are mounted for different occasions.

If you want to build with a hummie, its on BF sale until Monday on my website. I dont have BB enclosures yet but if you want me to hold the order until i have them I can.

I can’t sell the kit yet because while I was deciding on a motor controller (Spintend), I ran out of motors :joy: but nearly everything else is setup

1 Like

I am thinking about it. I will send you a PM.

Why is their front truck reversed???

2 Likes

I have sent you a very long message with loads of questions :joy:

I think we are on to something here :star_struck:

Good catch, who the hell mounted a reverse truck :joy:

1 Like

I own a orsomm and I love it!

How fast do you want to go is the question.
Don’t recommend this board for 45km/h + speeds

Easy to mount a top battery too with the premade enclosure holes !

2 Likes

There is basically no concave if you are used to concave boards

1 Like

Good to know. I like to be locked in properly.

Welcome! This is a great post and I wish more beginners would take this approach. May I ask? Why have you chosen thanes?

In my opinion, most beginners choose thanes because they are falsely under the impression that an electric board will be like a long board and are resistant to change. What are your streets like? If you would grade them anything less than an A- I would strongly urge you to consider pneumatic tires. Especially while learning. At speed, thanes feel like riding on a vibrator if the road is anything less than perfect. Forget potholes a 2cm crack in the road can end you and wipe outs which you will have a lot of in your first year are really no fun at 25 mph.

On the flip side pneumatic can feel like pillows under your feet. Cracks and small potholes are mostly unconcerning. Tie a pneumatic wheel with a drop deck or a mountain board deck and your board feels more like its carving through fresh powder everywhere you go.

In my humble opinion I’d start pneumatic and graduate to thanes when you want your second board.

The second big mistake newbs make is they feel the urge to get one board that does everything. Truth is when this sport grabs you by the balls in the most pleasurable way then you will likely have more boards in the future each with a specialized role. So for now get something with decent range and a smooth ride that can handle tougher roads.

8 Likes

I’m going to play the opposite side in this argument:

• Boards with pneumatic wheels end up costing more because they are less efficient (need larger, more expensive batteries), require larger, more expensive pullies, and if you go for cheap tires and tubes you will have many flats to deal with. Urethane wheels “just work”
  • If you’re a skilled longboard rider, bad roads are nothing but a fun challenge. Usually beginners ride slower on average anyway.

I recommend starting with thane, and upgrading to pneumatics if you realize you really need them.

This I agree with. A board that can do everything will not excell in anything specific.

12 Likes

@rusins and this is why this is such a great community. Valid points my friend!

5 Likes

Thank you buddy! I really appreciate it, and I hear you loud and clear.

I have ridden alot of longboard without motor in steep hills in my town. Even though I don’t know how it’s like with motors I have gone 60-70 km/h and I know what it feels like, both to ride and crash :joy:

With that said I am going to splash out and get both street and AT wheels at once.

I have actually just made a deal with Anubis. He will se me up with the set up he will sell on his website later.

It looks something like this:

Hummie deck
BN220 trucks
Big Ben enclosure
12S3P P42A battery
Dual Flipsky 6374

9 Likes

This is also why it’s great you made this post early on. As a community we stand together and help each other out. @Anubis is a seasoned vet and will build you something far nicer than anything you can just buy. Well played sir! :clap:

6 Likes

Holy shit i am surprised no one noticed it yet!
Its been fixed lol hoyt st really behind the 8 ball there

4 Likes