Metr Pro Updates

This would be a game changer, and make tracking telemetry so much better for content creation

1 Like

Great suggestion! Will definitely look into it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think I figured why it was not working and made adjustments :nerd_face:
Now it’s working!

Export as FIT

Import in relive

Available now!
Please try :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You da man! This immediately doubles the value of Metr for me. So excellent :+1:

6 Likes

There is a new feature in the latest Metr app v4.14.0:

Remote Support

It is located in Settings tab under TCP Bridge:

When you click the button you will be prompted either to give or receive support:

When you receive support, Metr app opens a channel to metr.at server and gives you a 6-digit code. Then you tell this code to a person that is supposed to assist you.

When giving support, you enter the code and connect:

Everything should look like you are connected via BLE, but in fact you can be thousands of miles away. You can for example see realtime data, apply modes and make changes in Expert tab:

Bonus feature: Remote Support can be forwarded over TCP Bridge. So you can connect to someone far far away, then open TCP Bridge, then run VESC Tool and use that as well:

25 Likes

this new feature deserves a bookmark

7 Likes

Dude that is sick!

Definitely bookmarked.

3 Likes

That’s spectacular, and also a little terrifying

Nothing like an IoT-enabled, Skating as a Service, smart cloud connected UX optimised VESC ™®©
/s

3 Likes

Prepare yourself to use this feature a lot when i take the app apart again :joy:

3 Likes

Woah! This is amazing - congratulations man

7 Likes

Woooow! :exploding_head::pray::pray::clap: holy smokes, this is incredible, you’ve done so much work on this thank you so much for this amazing contribution to the community!

5 Likes

Maybe this feature is not the most exciting one since you all are pretty smart and know how to use VESC Tool :sweat_smile: But I hope it will help vendors who sell completes. It is convenient to ask customer share access code and flip the board upside down instead of explaining how to run motor detection wizard :sweat_smile:

We recently heard back from a customer:
“My board has more Tech than my Car now”

Thank you for the feedback, it motivates to do some new experiments and push esk8 one step further :slight_smile:

13 Likes

No I was completely serious that it’s really cool! I can see that being really useful for most of us, I just love a good buzzword giggle as well

2 Likes

Wow, this is a game changer for esk8 manufacturers. Makes troubleshooting customer boards a breeze.

11 Likes

I’d love to test this feature right now if anyone can support my issue…

How likely is it that we can have more filters in the future? Filter for Amp draw, temperature etc?

I’d like to find a specific record but don’t remember anything about it apart from that it has one of, if not the highest recorded temperature of all my rides.

2 Likes

shot in the dark, but is is possible to add a remote function?

for say, if your remote battery dies, or you smash it in a fall, you could use the metr and your phone as an emergency remote to get home or w/e

I got the idea from looking at the TTL lighting system app, which for some reason has this functionality.

Good idea, definitely would be nice to have!

No, BLE is not good enough for remote control. Signal lags and there can be drops. This is dangerous, even in low speed.

5 Likes

another random and probably-not-gonna-happen feature request I’ve been thinking of is grouping faults by session, or by board (if you have multiple metr devices, knowing which fault belongs to which one).

I find going through the faults list to be an arduous task, I have to check the info for each one individually, and delete them individually, and sometimes I get 20 or 30 some faults in a few second period, all identical faults.

just some sort of organization in the app, or multi-selection would be super duper.

1 Like

Sick shit Roman!

1 Like