Metr Pro Updates

Great ! Thank you. I’m now in vacation but when I’ll get back home, I’ll try and let you know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With the newest updates i have a third page that has positioned itself in front if my main page, with no (visible) option to delete it entirely or move it.

It usually defaults to the main one but sometimes it goes to the left one (the one that got added automatically.

This is how it looks.

After resetting the page, some icons are very hard to remove (bottom)

Ppm (gauge) does not work

Windows clipping to the other page (the map in my case)

According to metr my GPS module is missing. Haven’t looked inside the enclosure for a while but since its all inside the printed metr enclosure i doubt something has come loose.
E: maybe the beitian module itself? Need to look inside.

Record are not viewable

↑ full path:
file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/at.metr.app/files/webview/routedark.html

4 Likes

Let me know if you want a log.

1 Like

Yes, please!

2 Likes

log_2021-08-13.txt (461.7 KB)

2 Likes

Just want to leave this here…

Started using Metr in 2019.

The module, nowadays, doesn’t want to stay connected. It takes as much as farting wrong to disconnect it, doesn’t matter if you stay by the board or not. Same is happening to 3 other Metr users here.

Did something major change in the pairing/connecting sequence? Once it loses the connection, there’s no chance it will reconnect. Neither Android(8,9,10) nor iPhone(latest one). Phone restart helps until you “fart” again… :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Does it help to force close the app and open it again?

1 Like

Not at all, only phone restart… :frowning:

3 Likes

Does Metr Pro enter discovery mode (blue LED blinking slow) when you force close the app?

1 Like

This would require to open the boards when this happens… so… not sure…? Just going to state my experience:

2019: perfection
2020: still good, some hiccups here and there
2021: it just disconnects and dies

2/4 modules are brand new, 1 is CAN.

:frowning:

If there’s something I could do to narrow down what is going on, feel free to let me know.

You can open the board and check to narrow down what is going on. Some android phones do not release bluetooth connection for some reason. Metr Pro can only have one active connection, so when you open the app again, it can not find it. Turning on and off bluetooth in system settings sometimes helps.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, some time ago turning off bluetooth for at least a minute would help.

Nowadays, after the latest updates, even that doesn’t help.

Interestingly enough restarting the board while the app is on sometimes makes it work again. Never the phone unless you restart it. :thinking:

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. Constant drops on my ios device

2 Likes

My board is down for quite a while, but before it died I was having that same problem for a long while, I abandoned a bunch of range tests because the connection would drop and not reconnect, checked all wiring and that

This is a original old school module

2 Likes

I will have a look at the disconnect issue, thanks for bringing it up!

6 Likes

Confirmed, it was the module that physically disconnected.

5 Likes

I think I figured out a couple of disconnection issues, update is coming soon!

20 Likes

Not sure if intentional or not.

When starting the app with no intention of connecting to a board, i get asked to enable GPS - Which is correct. But i have to press the back button 3 times to get out of the menu.

2 Likes

Cannot confirm nor deny it is fully fixed, but now it seems to work like it used to before(2019 era). Can walk away quite far from the board without disconnections. :smiley:

So far so good! Will report back in 100km of logs!

Great work, Roman!

6 Likes

Another round of feedback and bug reports.

Items in the real-time list are getting duplicated with each full orientation change.

Attached video shows “watts” getting duplicated. Happens with others as well.

The first out of the 3 real time pages has no Access to the menu on the bottom left.

Also the page indicator is missing apart from 2 pixels or so. See image.

Vs page 2

Sometimes when exiting the app and doing something else, especially using the phone camera let’s the real time metr camera freeze up, requiring a restart of the app. Though i believe that has to do with the phone and giving only one app access to the camera/not granting the permission correctly after switching apps.

The “ppm bar” shows a constant brake signal when not touching the remote. (Or it’s the idle position / 0?

This might be all for now.
If i find anything else, I’ll update it.

2 Likes