Metr Pro Updates

totally forgot to add that you could also than switch VESC setting of throttle to something else, so that throttle input is disabled and thief can’t ride it - though if you do activate more breaking than I believe throttle input will be ignored by VESC any way

Having the same issue. Where is this workaround settings in metr pro app? Couldn’t find it anywhere in Expert tab.

1 Like

3 Likes

Great! 10x!

3 Likes

How easy/hard would it be to swap certain values around in the notification?

If I’m riding and i have to look at the phone to see my voltage it needs one extra swipe down to reveal it since it’s right below where it gets extended.

Optionally the option to keep the notification extended via the android settings.

3 Likes

I added a template string to Settings → Magic. Metr app version v4.9.12 (will take a while until Google verifies it)

Copy that string, edit it somewhere (painful to edit in that small line edit)

The default value is

Battery: %1%;Avg: %2;Trip: %3;Avg: %4;T ESC %5;T MOT %6;Voltage: %7;Speed: %8;Current: %9;Motor: %10;Ah: %11;Wh: %12

You probably want something like this (move Voltage to start)

Voltage: %7;Battery: %1%;Avg: %2;Trip: %3;Avg: %4;T ESC %5;T MOT %6;Speed: %8;Current: %9;Motor: %10;Ah: %11;Wh: %12
9 Likes

Awesome dude :pray:t2:

4 Likes

Update is already live and it works like a charm!

Even Updates in Real-Time.
!

7 Likes

Every time I open this thread I’m closer to buying a metr… Can you guys stop implementing cool shit? Someone here is trying to save money :sleepy:

5 Likes

Is the unity metr compatible with the GPS module?

2 Likes

No, only Metr Pro CAN with SD card shield has GPS port. Otherwise location from your phone is used.

Record / mode sharing is getting upgraded, no more awkwardly copying URL from the browser address bar

Thanks @b264 for the suggestion!

10 Likes

@rpasichnyk Is there any reason the metr app is not showing up on Wear OS? I had to factory reset my watch and I can’t seem to get it back on my watch.

I unfortunately missed the news but Google had changed the way apps are distributed on Wear OS. Now the watch counterpart APK has to be submitted manually to the Play Store instead of embedded in app. I just completed registration and waiting for review from Google.

6 Likes

For those who have Wear OS smartwatch, please try with the latest version from the Play Store, v4.10.3. It should be available from your watch → Play Store → Apps on your phone

I also added support for VESC 5.3 BETA 45 firmware. I will try to add support for upcoming betas when they are out (while still keeping beta 45 support so you don’t have to constantly update your VESC).

3 Likes

Hi all, is there a known bug (and solution maybe) for battery voltage multiply by 10 in Metr app on Android (lastest version, updated today) ? Today I powered my esk8 after a very long time and all was good on Metr app (correct voltage values) but then I upgraded my Metr Pro module to latest firmware and since then, battery voltage is like 350V and cell voltage is 39V (My build is 9S)

My Focbox 1.7 firmware is Ackmaniac 2.54. Never had this problem before. Tried to restart my board and the app but still the same values.

I searched in the app and on the forum but can’t find anything…

I will have a look, thanks! Not many people are running 2.54 nowadays :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, Roman !

And is there an easy way to downgrade the Metr module’s firmware (to a chosen version) to check if the problem disappears if I do so ?

3 Likes

Thank you Roman! Love my Metr and your support!

1 Like

No, there is no easy way to downgrade Metr Pro firmware. I fixed the problem with 2.54 though, please update Metr Pro firmware to v5.37 and try again :slight_smile:

1 Like