Metr Pro Updates

yeah just did

used the wire from my davega so its clean and def good wire
using between 1 and 4
thing is it shouldnt require a 4 way can as there is internal can between them
i was using the 4 way can just because the 2 way was not working so i thought i would try that instead

well i tried and still getting it
on the davega im getting 2 vescs together and on metr 1 vesc

gonna try reflashing firmware and see if that helps at all

1 Like

well reflashed firmware and seems to work now
will try to do everything again and see what happens

Flash the bootloader and firmware on all separate vescs

1 Like

yep had to do that
now i turned the board on and off 5 times and it seems to be working
i flashed the firmware before all together so maybe that was the issue

also is flashing the bootloader necessary?

1 Like

Yes. Even from 5.01 to 5.02 there is a difference that makes the firmware upload fail and revert on some models. Just do it and have some patience

2 Likes

how can i do so? do i need to use the swd port on another vesc?

You connect to the vesc, go to firmware, go to bootloader, upload, success. Then you go to firmware upload and do the firmware update which should pass. Do this separately for every vesc (you will never know what failed and what passed otherwise) and remember to restart/power cycle all of them at the end

1 Like

yep cheers sounds awesome

1 Like

@xsynatic maybe some derail jail work needs to be done :ok_hand:
Starting from post 1601

3 Likes

Found a small bug it seems with the “until reboot” feature.

The feature does work (nice) but the icon does not appear on the correct mode after rebooting.

i.e

Legal 6km/h mode is activated - unlimited mode gets applied until reboot (now has the applied icon) - upon restart the legal one gets applied again but the Icon is still on the unlimited one.

This was after the restart. Unity had the icon but unity legal was applied

2 Likes

Guess a country from the Metr preset tab :rofl:

@xsynatic :handshake:

3 Likes

Might’ve found another bug?

When applying a mode everything is as it should but when i apply a mode “until reboot” my acceleration/throttle curve is completely different, in my case super slow.

The modes are set up to alter amps and cutoffs.

I have to apply a different mode and then the one that was supposed to be “until reboot” to fix it.

Main mode is “legal mode”
“speed mode” gets applied until reboot but now has the acceleration of “legal mode”

To fix it have to either fully reapply “legal mode” or any other again and then “fun mode” to get my acceleration back.

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk anyway to get the code once the enclosure is shut
connected to one device but want to connect to another

This is not a bug. Unfortunately when you apply a mode “Until reboot”, not all parameters are applied. This feature is based on COMM_SET_MCCONF_TEMP command and only rpm, motor / battery current / watts can be changed

You can email support@metr.at with your shipping address and order date, we can try find the pairing code. Or just open the box :slight_smile: Take a picture for next time

4 Likes

Here some context of my modes.
What you see is everything they’re containing/changing.

The speed/ERPM can be at fault because it doesn’t change how hard you accelerate, right?

I thought your modes had different acceleration curves, but doesn’t look like it. I don’t know what might be a reason then. What VESC FW version are you running?

1 Like

Nope, all the same except max speed and amps.

I’m running 5.02

all good no worries
i bought off @GeorgS and i suspect he doesnt have it anymore
next time i open the enclosure i will take a photo

1 Like

Doesn’t changing amps change how hard you accelerate?

But yes, remember you wrote this

I suppose there is something else, looking at it.

1 Like