Metr Pro Updates

Not possible without temp sensors. There is a high risk of overheating the motors which can lead to demagnetization

5 Likes

Ok thanks. Why the temp sensor isn’t included in the hall sensor cable?

How do I implement temperature monitoring for my motor?

Thats a question for the motor manufacturer. Some companies are not putting hall sensor or temp sensor at all, others only put hall sensors and some put in both hall sensors and a temp sensor.

You have to add a 10k NTC thermistor inside the motor that you are then connecting to the temp sensor pin on the VESC.

5 Likes

@rpasichnyk and @hexakopter i have tried a million different things in order to get my metr to read all four vescs and it just refuses to
after changing the cable the vesc tool always reads all 4 fine but the metr pro sometimes reads 4 sometimes 3 or 2 or 1
i am led to believe the issue is with the module itself
waht can i do about this and can i maybe get a replacement or something

Can you show a pic of your wiring of the can cable? Just to eliminate possible connection issue, even if vesc tool works fine.

Also I would consider re looking at the UART cable of the metr, make sure the wires and their crimped counterparts are nicely inserted in the jst housing

I’m also thinking this may be an issue that can be resolved via the settings, something like baud rate but this is out of my knowledge. Recheck settings in metr while waiting from an answer, I feel this may be a simple fix

3 Likes

so i did can in 2 configurations
1 i did where all 4 connected with a cable and the other a single wire between 2 dual vescs
i will check the uart cable again but pretty sure its not the issue

i agree with you that its prob the settings on it
will try to reset it if possible (or whatever is similiar) and then see if i can change anything up to make it work

picsss

4 Likes

Look at the sale thread.
I suspect he crossed can h with can l, otherwise it’s impossible to get a single vesc reading on internally connected dual controllers

1 Like

no dif connector
will check again though but i dont think i crossed them

edit: checked and they are not
maybe it is becuase they are wrapped in the middle with a zip ties tightly? is there any chance that can be the issue

of what? the connector?

your can cable contraption

2 Likes

well i found something out and that is even when paired the blue lights blink super quickly. i saw somewhere that this is not normal
anyone know what it means?

here you go
pretty basic just a can cable connected to each ports can h and can l
checked to make sure none were mixed up

i think this rapid blue light is prob the thing telling me the issue

so saw that all vescs need to be running ppm and uart is that true as i have them all set to uart and the one with the receiver to ppm and uart

Rapid blue blinking on the Metr Pro means it sends data to your phone. This is normal.
Slow blue blinking means Metr Pro is not connected to any phone and is in discovery mode.

2 Likes

ah ok
what should green light be doing?
this issue makes no sense to me
will try hooking up a davega and see what it gets

1 Like

Green blinking - trying to detect VESC / negotiating baud rate
Green ON solid - VESC detected / baud rate negotiated successfully

3 Likes

yeah its stable
i think davega is only detecting 2 units also
maybe a can issue
dunno why though as these vescs are new and the cable i swapped a couple times just to make sure

yep so davega first read 2 vescs and then it read the third but with really bad readings
dunno what the issue is but it looks like a canbus one

1 Like

Make one short, clean looking cable to eliminate any suspicion. 20cm length from vesc 1 to 4, tap into and solder vesc 2 and 3 on the length of the wire. Obviously only for testing and to eliminate any interference. If that still doesn’t work then the issue is somewhere in your settings

1 Like