Metr Pro Updates

Thanks for the logs. Most likely you kept the app open (foreground) and Modes tab was selected

[I 14:36:55.798] [modes] enter
[I 14:36:55.798] Ask.stopRt()
[I 14:38:18.849] [mw] openRealtime
[I 14:38:18.850] [modes] exit
[I 14:38:18.850] Ask.startRt()

When entering Modes Tab, realtime data pauses. When you minimise the app / lock screen / leave Modes Tab, realtime data resumes.

@Soflo Yes, we can add an extra cable to your order for free, please send email to support@metr.at with your PayPal email.

2 Likes

weird. I mean its possible.

I know i had the phone in my hand the first 3-4 minutes of the ride (fast switching mode if the police is somewhere) but then i put it in my pocket. Screen turns off after 2 minutes. I pulled the phone out to check the data 8km later, not sure what i did in-between.

Is there a reason for it to pause?

“The reason”

Changing modes often failed when streaming realtime data at the same time. Instead of fixing it properly I did this workaround.

Thanks for reminding me it can be improved!

3 Likes

Just another data point, it was a few months since I used Metr to log rides, but also had connection drops, nothing has changed, riding the same places as before, far from interference and still got disconnected

The last record I had before that was on Christmas, more than 4 hours long through the middle of a big city and had no problem then

oh while we are at it… How is the record limit defined? Size, time?

I hope you don’t mind all my input. I just seem to be a heavy metr user with lots of ideas and testing.

3 Likes

This :slight_smile: would be awesome

5 Likes

+1 for that. I placed stop delay now on 1000

2 Likes

Each record is limited by 50000 points. By default distance between points is 160ms. You can lower it to get more details (with Metr Pro you can go as low as 80ms) or increase it to record longer records. Magic tab -> Point interval

I really don’t mind all your input :slight_smile: And since you are a heavy metr user, you will get Metr Pro firmware update now. Similar to what FW5.0 UNITY users are testing. Click on blue gear and update, thanks!

4 Likes

Got it. Would the Auto pause feature for the recording “increase” the recording too because it won’t have to write data when doing a break = leaving more space for the actual ride. Or does it automatically stop writing anyway if no data (standstill) is registered.

Will do the update in a few minutes.

Yes, I think auto-pause feature is not super hard to implement and will be very useful. It will not increase the recording during pause.

6 Likes

i hope running Ack isn’t the problem here?

Dual 4.12
ack 3.103

need to check on pc if everything else is still enabled

Update : App settings are still on PPM and Uart

(currently connected to pc via usb)

Logs please🙏

I always forget that :man_facepalming:t3:

log_2020-04-06.txt (1.4 MB)

2 Likes

I am 95% sure I found the problem :slight_smile: Working on it

Edit: done! @xsynatic please update again!

7 Likes

voila :ok_hand:t3:

7 Likes

How do I get my Apple Watch to show the metr complication like that?!

If anyone has an extra metr please let me know.

1 Like

Either the watch app on your phone or you can also force press the screen on your watch. You have to place it on the one of the corners while using the “Infograph” watch face . Also that particular look for it is with WatchOS 5 and up with the Series 4 & 5.

Also I am so sad I can’t use this yet until my Metr arrives. It won’t be for a while. :sob:

3 Likes

Automatic pause feature in progress :sunglasses:

Record resumes after detecting movement

Works better than strava :laughing: (since relying on motor RPM, not on GPS position)

16 Likes