Metr Pro Updates

Awesome! How fiddly is it? Does it start when i move my board for a centimeter or does it have a slightly longer delay like the auto starting record? (resuming record after 2-5 seconds continuous movement for example)

2 Likes

Is it possible to force dark mode in the app without switching the whole phone to dark mode? I dislike some apps being wonky about it… I think I saw that it switched to dark mode automatically at a fixed time, like 17:00 or 18:00. :thinking:

wait, there was a dedicated switch for dark mode. I can’t find it anymore though. Maybe removed for the systemwide alternative?

1 Like

There was, and he removed it, and now I am lightmode. :frowning:

To use metr pro with FW 5.0+ we need to check use beta metr pro FW or untested FW?

No, leave those switches disabled. I pushed update already, you should get Metr Pro FW 5.3

6 Likes

Well actually Strava also uses gyroscope and pauses and resusmes very quickly. At least for me with running :sweat_smile:

On a more serious note: When I use Metr as TCP bridge I always have to be super careful that my phone doesn’t go in lock screen. Isn’t there anything you can do to prevent that when TCP bridge is active?

This was fixed a long time ago, at least for me and 4 other friends… We always use TCP bridge with the phone locked… :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This. I used to have this problem too. But now it works when phone is locked.

2 Likes

FOC Sensor Mode does not include HFI in METR app.

Which VESC firmware?

1 Like

Just did some testing.

• When TCP bridge is open and it locks automatically I lose connection in the vesc-tool.
  • When TCP bridge is open and I lock it immediately the connection stays open for about 30sec and then it also disconnects.
    @Murloc992. Do you use the ‘send alive packets’ option? Never really looked into it but after testing it just now my connection stays open :sweat_smile:. Is this the solution?
1 Like

firmware 5.0 beta 3… the option is missing from FOC sensor mode, and when reading the field goes blank.

Edit: I noticed it does show up on the Expert tab with all the needed parameters so that’s good :slightly_smiling_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

No longer possible if you are on Android 10. In app setting only for Android 9 and below.

Yes, I noticed it is missing in Modes Tab, the fix is coming with the next update

5 Likes

Do I need to sign in to be able to have two different configs?

Two metr pros in one app. One has a different gearing than the other. So everytime I switch boards, I always have to change the gearing in the app.

3 Likes

This should work. Can you test it again, switch boards, and if it doesn’t work, send logs?

1 Like

Latest app update includes Pause feature

An example recod made with automatic pause: run to the supermarket. I set stop delay to 1800 seconds (30 minutes), but you can set it even higher. Total duration does not count paused time.

9 Likes

So the dealy is time.

set it to 180 if you want the record to pause after 3 minutes without movement.

set it to 0 if you want it to pause instantly as soon as you hit 0km/h?

does the OG “Start delay” work with the pause function or still as its own “only first start of record” function.

Yes

Only first start. Unpause is always instant.

1 Like