Metr Pro Updates

Today I’m going to pop the phone into my backpack’s top zip pocket, which is right next to the ESC, to test this theory. Previously the signal had to go through my body. If only I bought the metr with aerial.

1 Like

The Read only toggle disappeared again. Force closing the app got it back.

latest fw.

other request. Is it possible to implement that i’m able to go into the settings even though i’m already in a settings subcategory?

So let’s say im inside “battery” and hit the menu button and tap “Settings”, that brings me to the main settings again.

Currently it does nothing. Its just a habit to use the menus like that.

3 Likes

You can use any kind of BLE scanner app to show signal strength of the module.
So you are mounting the enclosure on the picture to a normal wood deck that is not reinforced with carbon fiber? With a wood deck I don’t see why your connection would be that bad.

Only possibility I see is hardware wise relocate the module or using an external antenna to relocate the antenna itself.

Yes, it comes with the same SMA connector type that is used with the standard Metr Pro external antenna module so you can use the same antenna type. Just the IPEX connector that is plugged to the BT module itself is smaller.

4 Likes

Tried adding it to a new phone iPhone SE still get the same thing so still problem solving. Just confused why I’d get a push notification of disconnection yet the record records past it.

Any advise on iso Bluetooth signet checker to try?
Other chain of thought is the stability of the 5v from the unity if that could be affecting it

For me putting my phone close to the metr Pro Unity solved it.

Phone in my pocket when riding

Emailed the log in to support if it helps

2 Likes

Thanks, I looked at the logs, your issue seems to be bad signal, that’s why frequent disconnects. Putting your phone closer or external antenna could help.

The trip was out over some fields getting away from any signel interference from houses

With out taping my phone to the deck or my foot can’t really get much closer, that’s not really a option. Could this be a issue with the built in Areal of the metr pro then?

3 Likes

This for example is how far my board is away, while still being connected. Probably isn’t maxed out either.

3 Likes

Same experience here… my range with no external antenna is huge even with obstructions.

1 Like

Any update on the blank notifications?

@rpasichnyk having problems updating.

Seem to just get stuck here.

Any ideas?

3 Likes

Please force close app, open it again and send logs to support@metr.at

2 Likes

done :slight_smile:

For those who struggle share logs on Android (I struggle too!)

Here is a possible solution: Install Total Commander and navigate to
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/at.metr.app/files and select log with the right date
Long press on it, Send to -> Gmail -> support@metr.at

3 Likes

seems to be working :slight_smile: thanks.
planing to upgrade to FW5.0

will let you now if i find anything odd :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My metr just froze. It kept recording but the record says 1.4km ridden (it was a 8km ride) The freezing happened a while back too but i didn’t bother back then.

I noticed it while riding, i pulled out my phone to read the lockscreen stats and saw that nothing moved, i stopped the board, opened the app and waited for maybe 30 seconds. After that the app jumped the the actual data.

here is the ride it happened. I’ll provide the log later because i’m still riding.

1 Like

:disappointed:

log_2020-04-04.txt (166.9 KB)

log added @rpasichnyk

oh and another feature request : merging records.

I for one stop the recording when i swap batteries or take longer brakes to not hit the record limit again. Today i have 4 recording for 1 trip. Merging them would be cool

8 Likes

@rpasichnyk my metr is not working, it’l connect but send no values. I need to order another metr, is there any way to add another cable to the order?