Metr Pro Updates

Will do.

Can you tell me what those means?

(speed abnormal, tacho increase too big, distance increase too big) for example.

Most likely your VESC is sending corrupt data. Wrong tachometer count and negative rpm.

It just happened again. After 50 Minutes. (because i forgot about it)

I woke my phone up. Pressed on the perma notification, entered my passcode and boom. Crash.

Here is a crash log (not sure if its any use to you)

Any chance to add PPM control mode, and FOC/BLDC selections to the mode screen?

it would be cool to select PPM control mode [unchanged/default] or Current/Current No Rev/PID/etcā€¦ and same with FOC/BLDC: [unchanged/default] or FOC/BLDC. Acks ESC monitor had this, the PPM mode at least in the modes screen and I found it super useful.

Iā€™d love for example to set BLDC+PID No Accel+ mode settings for one mode and have my FOC+Current+mode settings for another mode instead of having to change the expert settings manually every time I swap modes.

Not sure how realistic this is, but I think what would solve this and add more functionality would be say an advanced drop down at the bottom in the mode creation screen that just has an (+ add additional expert setting) where you can choose to add any number of expert settings you would want to apply to a mode.

1 Like

This is a good idea! I will try to do it. Advanced drop down with a list of expert settings sounds like a way to go :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget to add ā€œReverse directionā€ with the mode.
When passing from BLDC to FOC (and vice versa), direction is reversed.

1 Like

My metr pro is stuck at 0% ā€œjumping into bootloader for 6 Minutes now.ā€
It jumped from download to bootloader within a split second.

It crashed mid ride again btw. Another record down the drain. Is there a way to fully reset the module? Factory reset and not just settings

EDIT : Resetting didnā€™t help. Still at 0%

Please send logs. This is known problem and can be fixed by issuing special fw update to your module (but I need logs to be able to do it)

Done. Iā€™ve also sent you logs 7 days ago about the crashes. Now you have todays log with crashes and the software/updating problem.

Here is a crash log from the app itself (not sure if its any use to you)

If you need something let me know.

Thanks! I was wrong, this is a new problem with fw update. I have some ideas and I will investigate it tomorrow.

Regarding crashes that you sent previously: I suspect that OnePlus kills Metr app after 15 minutes. This happened in the past and it took me a while to find a workaround. Now seems like OnePlus found more ways to kill apps aggressively with Android 9 :angry:

2 Likes

The One+ has some weird methods of battery management and cache clearing, god forbid you try to use Exchange corporate controls on oneā€¦

1 Like

Looking forward to the fix.

The oneplus theory so far only applies to the metr app. Everything so far stays up as it should.
Also the issue came out of nowhere. Earlier days didnā€™t have the issue (With the same OS and metr firmware) I have another oneplus phone with android 10, iā€™ll have a look if that issue is Android 9 specific.

2 Likes

When using bridge mode, the iPhone locks after a while and loses connection. Is there a setting to prevent it?

@rpasichnyk Well you did it. I was able to update my metr pro and it didnā€™t crash!

Just came back from a 38km ride. No crash at all, everything like it should.

3 Likes

No but thanks for heads up, this is going to be fixed soon!

1 Like

The winter is coming (as well as some updates!) For those who doesnā€™t esk8 because itā€™s cold :cold_face: You want to store batteries nice and safe @ about 40% charge :battery: It will be super easy with this new feature

:zap: DISCHARGER :zap:

It uses foc_openloop command to discharge battery. Battery current goes through motors, but they are not spinning, just heating.

:clock10: Takes several hours to discharge a battery
:seedling: Quiet and about 5x faster than freespin
:1234: Uses multiple VESCs/motors over CAN bus
:chart_with_upwards_trend: Continuously sends COMM_ALIVE packets and monitors realtime data
:fire: Motor temperature limit 60ā„ƒ, VESC temperature limit 70ā„ƒ
:white_check_mark: Turns off when reached storage level

Modes with Expert additions

You can add wide range of expert parameters to modes.
Suggested by @xsynatic and @Skatardude10

We are doing Black Friday

We did Black Friday a year ago and it was a success for everyone :money_mouth_face: We decided to do it again this year. There will be 20% discount on all products :star_struck: Shipping might be delayed a few days depending on the amount of orders

34 Likes

That is an epic level feature, excellent work.

20 Likes

What a damn good idea !!
Is the Discharge feature allowed if no motor temp sensor are detected ?

5 Likes

No, safety first. But you can always hack around by using Terminal :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Well doneā€¦ That sounds pretty awesome :+1:

2 Likes