Metr Pro Updates

Awesome, when I was doing speed runs I was getting annoyed at the accuracy and that I could only work things out to 0.2 if a second.

If this is on the browser I should get this for old logs right?

Keep up the awesome work :slight_smile:

@rpasichnyk Do I need the Metr pro to uses a BMS like the DieBieMS and the future Flexi? Or using the old one and CAN forwarding to the correct ID will work?

The old one should work too. I also remember your question about bypassing VESC and talking to BMS directly. This is not possible, because Metr BLE modules are always connected to UART on VESC.

3 Likes

Thanks

That makes sense, would need a module that connect directly to the CAN bus for that

1 Like

I see this starting to rise up in multiple threads for new devices. I think we’re going to take another interesting step in tech…

1 Like

Any idea why it’s recording such high mph? On my rides it’s in the 300-400mph. The first screenshot is me kickpushing it lol

1 Like

Slow down, this is a neighborhood

8 Likes

I’ve had that twice but with range. Speed was normal but traveled distance was 7000km on a Trip.

(thats what i call efficiency)

I’ve got told that thats a rather rare case of the vesc sending some bullshit for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Been getting these similar readings for a while since …

3 Likes

Ugh that’s frustrating D:

@xsynatic @pookybear Do these values show up on your lifetime stats page? Like top max speed, top distance traveled etc.

Nope, they did not.

Edit : So the wrong stat hasn’t been addes but i don’t know if the rest of it (the correct ones) were added.

The app update with accounts is landing

any time now :rocket:

You will be able to sign in to your account and view stats and all records for currently selected Metr Pro module. The sign in is done using public key cryptography instead of a password. The cryptographic keys are already installed on your Metr Pro. You will need to have an active connection to BLE module in order to sign in. This is done for several reasons: vendor lock-in, greater ease of use and higher security :lock:

You can sign in with the browser on your phone or
You can open a browser on another computer and scan QR code with your phone to sign in

• Once you sign out in one browser, all browsers are automatically signed out.
  • It is always one account per Metr Pro. For those of you who have more, multiple modules in single account is something that is being worked on and will be enabled in the future.
  • Syncronization is only one way up at the moment. But things will improve there too.
  • You will be able to export / delete all your account data (for example if you want to transfer your Metr Pro). This is being worked on.
  • Automatic records are nice. Now there are Automatic uploads too. Each time the record finishes, it will be uploaded to your account, so you don’t have to manually do this step. If you want it to work, go to Settings -> Records to enable “Automatic uploads”

14 Likes

Metr pro is still one of my favourite investments so far.

I already talked about this but i still wish for customization in the Modes tab.

So we can create our own Mode that could also directly change the Cutoff Voltage for example (in my case swapping between 10s and 12s regularly)

Or everything you can find in expert etc.

3 Likes

Maybe I can remove voltage from modes altogether? It’s not how people use modes, right? It makes sense to have current limits and speed limits in modes, but voltage… not so much. Am I right?

Disregard, voltage is not there, now I remember your use case.

I could wait and try, but if I understood correctly the records made with a legacy Metr module won’t support this right?

Looks like it’s a no go. Just tried with my old metr modules. Bummer…

1 Like

Accounts will only work with Metr Pro

1 Like

Accounts - are nice!

1 Like

anybody know the best way to set up a Metr Pro with Ackamaniac Firmwear for the ol dual focbox set up of yesteryear?

I have a metr pro that I had some issues with on that set up. this weird thing would happen where the focbox plugged into the module would seem to “forget” the PPM limits or something mid ride and I’d have full use of one motor but then the other one would get all weird and spin at a different speed/direction/or not spin at all.

If I should be asking this under the noob thread, mods please move.

thanks!

1 Like

May be stupid question, can you only use the metr pro with the unity? Or can it be used on other vescs?