Metr Pro Updates

It’ll work out of the box with the official VESC6.
Check this : https://metr.at/setup

3 Likes

Damn! Didn’t think about that. Thank you. Yeah its a vesc from trampa itself, althoughi can’t decide if i take a 4.12 and risk it or just buy the vesc6. (Need FOC)

Golden rule : no FOC with 4.12 :wink:

Thats what confuses me. Dexter told me that he had no problems. Other use it too on 4.12 if you don’t Stress it to much. Likewise alot of people say 4.12= no no

As you wish.
But nowadays, there aren’t so many price difference between 4.12 and 6 that can justify taking the risk of running a 4.12 in FOC.
For BLDC, this is fine. Even for MTB use (but need extra cooling).

Well the price difference is definitely present.

Either one Trampa VESC 6 or 3 Torqueboard VESC 4.12’s while still beeing a bit cheaper. But yes i could burn through 3 of them while one of the vesc6 still runs fine. I think we should move this conversation due to not having to do anything with the metr anymore.

Buy a Flipsky 6.6. They did a discount few months ago, it was almost the same price

I’m getting weird stats and telemetry reading.

• Vesc6
  • FW 3.60
  • Metr app v3.9.2

All the time? Or how did you get it?

I’ve got diebiems setup, I recall reading something mentioned on the battery indicators on the app but can’t find it anymore so I figured I’d ask again. Whats the droplet icon on certain cells mean? Does this mean they are being discharged during balancing?

3 Likes

Yes, glowing things on the cells mean they are balancing at the moment (via bleeding resistors)

2 Likes

Thanks! Great feeling to be able to monitor it via the app and not have to open it thru the dbms tool. Thanks for the great work!

1 Like

Yes, it wasn’t like this up until I installed the fw 3.6. I’ll send logs on my next ride.

There’s something really bad going on with newest firmwares (3.6, 3.61).

My board did three dead-disconnects mid ride (metr showing disconnected, no inputs working, logs just cut off without any errors). Afterwards I tried to check what’s up in the VESC tool, but my VESCs seemed to be corrupted. Motor configs couldn’t be written/read, input couldn’t be calibrated, couldn’t activate CAN fwd. All errors saying that firmware is too old. Only way fixing that was reflashing FW and connecting Metr again.

My friend also experienced firmware issues with Metr today. One VESC lost firmware completely(no green LED anymore), had to be fully reflashed. Then he had issues with configs, detection and CAN fwd, nothing worked with the same firmware error until Metr was disconnected, VESCs flashed, configured and Metr connected again.

(On one settings upload through Metr he received overcurrent error, with motors idle.)

Any ideas @rpasichnyk?

No ideas, I have been running fw3.61 on my board since it was released and had no issues. It is important to send log file from Metr app -> Show Logs to support@metr.at whenever you have something like this.

I will send my cut-off log to you. I can try to find all three.

I sent you my log and ride. My friend says that Metr and VESC conflicts somehow when writing/loading configs.

Also “readOnly”??

[I 18:48:08.197] notification: Record stopped
[I 19:47:17.507] notification: Record stopped
[I 20:43:59.171] notification: Record stopped

Does those look like timestamps when you had cut-offs?

Approx 19:10:22 should be one of the times. This is when app stopped the record, but data stayed frozen with the last info received from metr.

Unfortunately there are no extra details in the log file about the freeze. What VESCs are you using? Do you have any other UART devices connected?