Metr Pro Updates

You’d still need a MCU to have code running for it. Only @rpasichnyk can tell us more. I don’t think it’s feasible. Even if it’s several floats, what meaning they have if the module is a pass-through, not a MCU driven one?

1 Like

Maybe a v2 module will have it, which would be awesome

1 Like

Yes, I would order GPS tracking with a SIM for a V2. But that’s in our dreams until the devs make them real. :slight_smile:

1 Like

TBH I’d happily go without location data in ‘ofline’ mode to not deal with GPS in the module

1 Like

Metr Pro module IS a MCU.

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but every Metr Pro module comes with its own 6 digit pin code. So other people can’t connect to your board without knowing this pin. When you are talking about them not being able to change important settings when they have access to your phone/computer or know the pin its true that read-only is an extra barrier.

Yes, I have some updates for you. :blush: Sorry that it took longer then expected. Have received the UNITY finally… Right now we sorted out an easy way for installing the external antenna cable with damaging the silicone case as less as possible. For the best and easiest assembly a small tube is necessary that we currently plan to ship with the orders when they are available in the store.
At the moment I can offer you sending a Metr Pro UNITY module with external antenna (small or large), custom made antenna cable (10cm, 15cm, 20cm or 30cm), but without a “helping-tube” so it is a bit more fiddly for you to assemble. PM us for details.

Here a picture what it looks like assembled and the different custom made antenna cable length.

4 Likes

Question. I’m running the metr.pro on the flipsky 6.6+ which has an 8 pin uart port. My metr has only seven pins. Everything functions except for my battery meter, this is in a state of constant fluctuation.

Is there an adapter I’m missing? Currently it’s plugged in to the pins 5v-adc2 should I move it up and run it 3v-adc3?

This is just nature of VESC I figure. Mine is close to “random data” when idle. :slight_smile:

Set smoothing to a value you prefer and forget about the fluctuations.

Your plug-in is all right.

EDIT: is your battery meter a hardware one or are you talking about METR battery meter?

1 Like

I apologize if I missed it but is there a chance of the metr pro being WAND compatible?

4 Likes

It’s the metr battery meter that fluctuates.

Is there an appropriate smooth margin you recommend setting?

I would love this, as metr logs data much better

If you are talking about the voltage jumping in a range of around 1v it’s because flipsky esc has poor accuracy on voltage. It says on their product page the voltage is in±0.6v. I have flipsky 6.6 plus, tb esc and Vesc 6.6 plus, only fsesc acts like that.

2 Likes

What pins of the JST connector are necessary for Metr Pro to work?

Only four pins: 3.3V, GND, TX and RX need to be connected.

https://metr.at/faq#q32

Jumping voltage workaround - enable Smooth voltage in Settings -> Battery

@taz not WAND compatible at the moment

1 Like

Can anyone help me get ppm logging working please.

I’m on dual flipsky 6.6 with a metr pro.

Running Ackmaniac 3.102.

All other data displays in the app without any issues…

I’m on the latest version of the app and I don’t have the firmware update sign showing.

Thanks.

Metr Pro has to be plugged in master VESC to get PPM. Try to use another UART header?

I have it connected to the master, (same side as the ppm cable from the receiver).

Is there something to watch out for when using it with Trampas vesc6? I’m planning on buying a vesc6 and make sure, i can use my existing module. (Reminds me of the EB-Maker Xesc which has a different uart layout.

just match the pins from the modul to the pins on the vesc.
it´s written on the vesc as well as on the module. if something is wrong, than just threw that cable out and plug it into the right place.