Metr Pro Updates

Might have to settle for a bt module in the meantime and just use Freesk8 or VESC app :pensive:

How

1 Like

Read the username again

1 Like

So are there any more Metr Pro Can available? I guess I’m late to the party :frowning:

@xsynatic looks like our new forum member was indeed a bot, who could have known ?!? dramatically raise hands to the heavens

2 Likes

@longhairedboy @jamie

Ban on Aisle 7 please.

1 Like

I am shocked

1 Like

crook or cook? or cock? penis

@kook ?

No more unfortunately! But new generation and even better hardware is coming soon!

3 Likes

When is soon? I’ve been waiting to be able to buy a Metr, but now that it’s EOL, it seems foolish to purchase one.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. :confused: Just waiting on that new new

1 Like

I mean support will continue in terms of the website as far as we know so… Not really any reason to not buy one of the remaining ones if you want quality logging, now.

Even if the web server does go down, you can still store all records locally

1 Like

^ this.

It doesn’t rely on the Internet to function. All* vesc based function should always work. The only thing that could screw the future proofing is if it won’t get updated to support newer vesc Firmware. Then it would be stuck at whatever is the latest supported firmware.

1 Like

Yeah true, but no need to use the newer firmware most of the time too, unless its a new esc that comes preloaded with it

I don’t really think roman would alienate everyone tho even if it gets absorbed into davega

1 Like

Correct.

I think so too. Especially given how many damn metr users are out there.

@rpasichnyk are there numbers you are allowed/want to talk about?

3 Likes

I’m wondering if it could just be open-sourced seeing as it’s basically dead now. Would definitely increase availability, and allow it to be updated in the future.

Software support has not yet ended. Only the assembly of new physical modules. Knowing the work Roman has put into this i highly doubt it’ll end anytime soon.

4 Likes

nah, its far from it. i see it more like evolving into something bigger and better.

2 Likes

If it’s not new, it’s old.

1 Like