Metr Pro Updates

Had another app freeze/crash.

Opened app to check the last voltage my board had via the logs (board not yet connected)

Put phone in my pocket.

Minutes later i took the board, turned it on and went on a ride (haven’t opened the app since checking the log voltage)

Now at home i want to save the log, i press on the metr notification and only see a black/gray gradient screen aka app froze/crashed without crash popup.

Unity
Metr Pro CAN + SD + LTE + GPS

CAN FW 5.52
APP v4.19.14

log is following

log_2022-11-29.7z (368.1 KB)

This gradient freezing has been happening for a while now. Battery optimization is off and has always been off.

Gradient:

1 Like

Sorry for this.:grimacing: And thanks for the log file!

Actually I never do like that, I will try pressing on the notification!
I wonder if it makes any difference if you open by clicking app in launcher.

I am working on a small but convenient feature, to be able to check paring code without opening your board. Once you paired with Metr Pro the code can be checked in the module settings.

Also currently the shop is not taking orders. I hope we can provide update on that soon!

Skärmavbild 2022-12-27 kl. 11.50.07

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!:christmas_tree:

13 Likes

This is super awesome! Do you think there could be any possibility of being able to reset a module or reset a pairing code if you lose the old one?

In theory it can be achieved but it needs more work.

1 Like

The shop is planned to start taking orders again next weekend, 21st of January!

1 Like

The store is taking orders again!

6 Likes

The store will be closed again on Feb 19th due to the issues with modules production. Hurry up, if you would like to place an order, do it before Feb 19th.

1 Like

How did I miss that ? This is so freaking cool, thank you !

1 Like

Any idea when the store will be open again?

2 Likes

Big changes are coming. But I can’t share them yet (hopefully in a few weeks!).:grimacing:

3 Likes

Many of you have noticed, there have been issues with Metr Pro stock levels recently. This has to do with the parts availability and market state but also personal reasons. After a lot of thinking and discussions I decided to share some news to clear up the uncertainty.

There is some bad news, but keep reading, there is some good news as well.

Starting with bad news. Me and Dario decided to part ways. There won’t be any new Metr Pro modules manufactured. There are some modules left, mostly Metr Pro (UART) and Metr Pro UNITY (UART). I plan to do one final sale soon and close the shop. All modules will keep functioning and all software infrastructure will be kept, so don’t worry about that. Bug fixes and support for new OS / firmwares are constantly rolling out. There will also be a successor for Metr Pro CAN + SD + GPS, more on that later. :warning:

I would like to thank Dario @hexakopter who designed the hardware and assembled Metr Pro and Metr Pro CAN modules for your amazing work. I am happy you have a lot of exciting projects going on and I hope you manage to prioritize accordingly and find what’s best for you.

Now, time for good news and new developments. Me and Jan @janpom started exchanging ideas for future products early 2022. We talked and then we decided to prototype together a little bit. Both our products were present on many of your boards, and we were not thinking of each other as competitors, we believed our products could complement each other nicely.

Discussions and prototyping were giving results and I visited Jan in Brno last summer where we continued to work together. At that time, we had a rough idea about what we wanted, and development was ongoing rapidly. Since that time, we have done a lot of things, among which we registered a new company and to finance our projects and support ourselves, we started to work together part time in another company as consultants (unrelated to esk8).

Part time we are still working on next generation devices for esk8. We are in the final stages. We can’t wait to share more but we still need to iron out some details before we can do that. We are both very excited. :partying_face:

(Regarding consultancy, we are busy for the rest of 2023, but if you have an interesting project for 2024 and need software engineers, please let us know. Both me and Jan have extensive background in software development.)

28 Likes

Metr x Davega collab is so freaking hype.

6 Likes

heh, whenever I’d have 100€ spare on a build for telemetry, I’d always pick between the two. I don’t think I have a single board with both Metr and Davega, even though I love them a lot. Excited to see you collaborate finally! :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes it will be much easier, less thinking which one to pick. No need to worry about spare money either, we will take care of that.:grin:

7 Likes

I know you can’t share more details about the product, but can you share an estimated timeline?

1 Like

Can you set a password on metr pro to stop dipshits messing with your board?

1 Like

It has a pairing code that is needed to connect. If they don’t have your code they can’t mess with you.

2 Likes

brb, bringing out my truck size emp jammer

1 Like

Perfect. Cheers mate.