Metr Pro Updates

Yeah I already seen that before but doesn’t fix what I’m talking about. Still reads KPH and not MPH.

This doesn’t do anything for you?

20220905_031058

4 Likes

Wow thanks man. I was clicking on the F°/C° thinking it was the imperial/metric.

3 Likes

So I have a weird misbehavior with my new METR - 10:44 gears, 225mm tires, 14 pole motors. Set those parameters up in the app, and the speed reads correctly compared to my remote, however I rode ~7 km as a test, and Metr thinks I rode 31 km… Wut?

What did I do wrong, or what is configured incorrectly?
To complicate things, I have the METR Pro CAN, LTE module, and GPS. GPS plugs into LTE, which then plugs into METR, which then plugs into ESC CAN port.

Can you please post your record here with URL and not just screenshot?

Figured it out! Turns out I’d accidentally set both my VESC’s to the same ID accidentally. As such, the METR detected one VESC, even though there were differing CAN ID’s for each VESC. I assume that threw off the calculations somehow. Once I set each VESC to ID 1 and 2 respectively, (with CAN ID’s 0 and 1,) dual motor/esc details showed up on the screen (I didn’t know that was a thing until I fixed the issue) and all calculations showed up correct.

To clarify - I enabled dev mode and saw number of VESC’s reported as 1. That’s how I found the problem. Food for thought? Is it possible to identify VESC’s based on CAN address and not by VESC ID to avoid this in the future? I realize it was my fault for not reading before applying the app config to both my VESC’s, but it’s weird the Metr was reading records from two CAN ID’s with the same VESC ID without differentiation.

1 Like

Glad you figured that out. Unfortunately there is no way to say how many VESCs you have if they have same ID (not for Metr Pro CAN at least). CAN ID and VESC ID is the same field.

I would like a metr pro update. When are they going to be back in stock? I need two or three with the CAN version and GPS modules and SD logging.

I command you to bring them back immediately before I start banning innocent people.

6 Likes

That’s super weird; in the VESC config there’s a separate CAN and VESC ID field. Either way, good to know. Thanks!

If you could threaten @DerelictRobot as well please, that would be greeeeaaaaat.

2 Likes

Hopefully Metr Pro CAN + SD + GPS will be back in stock in 2-3 weeks, sir. :pray:

3 Likes

Awesome. Many innocent forumers thank you.

A very long time ago I feel like I read a metr pro unity has the option to quick configure exactly like the stock Unity android app.

Is this a thing or was I dreaming?

I mean there’s default settings and you can run motor detection though the METR, it’s not the exact same but it’s still pretty easy

Yeah, I mean like specifically a near 100% copy of the android apps quick/guided config. Not sure why I have such vivid memory of Roman or somebody else posting that it was a thing, nestled away under one of the tabs. Maybe my imagination wildin.

@ducktaperules you ever figure this out?

1 Like

Not sure but this was 3 years ago. I wouldn’t recommend anyone run old unity firmware these days.

3 Likes

Bought a cable and plugged it in… connects to my phone but won’t see the vesc. Emailed logs…

Help!

2 Likes

Thanks for the help Roman, all running smoothly now. :+1:

2 Likes