Metr Pro Updates

Using Metr Pro Unity which has been working fine (1 Year no issues) until I changed Phones from iPhone 8 to iPhone XR . Now when Recording Rides the Recorded ride is constantly stopping and starting

Version 4.18.3

the GPS is located inside the waterproof technical box, more exactly under the access cover to the waterproof compartment. This box is made of AIREX resin exclusively in fiberglass where the GPS module is located. The GPS module is located in exactly the same place as the VX3 remote control receiver, which works flawlessly. when I close the waterproof case I have the satellite connection but as soon as I fall in the water or lie down on the board I lose this connection and metr.pro can no longer acquire the satellites… I can’t move the GPS module further towards the front of the board: waterproofing requires, the board itself being an inflatable MALA.
Is there a GPS module more sensitive to the reception and acquisition of satellites?

1 Like

Hey!

metr.at → Overlay.zip
is the link broken? Or am I the only one having problem downloading it?

Thanks <3

1 Like

Hey mate,

Got a board here i’m trying to discharge but when I start the discharge, nothing seems to happen…

Ubox v2 75/100 5.2

Left it running for about half an hour now, nothing happening. Is there a trick to this?

4 Likes

You ever get this figured out? It’ll be 10 weeks before my girl can ride again and I haven’t been able to get this to work on her board

There shouldn’t be.

The feature also doesn’t work for me and i do know that it worked in the past so i guess it’s just got a bug.

4 Likes

Nope. The board is currently sitting switched on letting the light from the switch drain the battery :sweat_smile:

Interestingly enough, the spintend doesnt seem to have an auto off function. Or if it does, its been disabled

1 Like

Openloop via pc…?

Openloop is still not possible via vesc tool mobile since it is missing the function to send live packets.

Have you checked the settings?

1 Like

Nice, i will check that.

Not entirely sure how to do the foc openloop, and scared i might blow something up trying :sweat_smile:

the command is

foc_openloop 60 1000

means running openloop at 60A (motor) and 1000 ERPM. (change to whatever you want)

Make sure to turn on “live packets” aka the heart, otherwise it’ll stop after a second.

that’s vesc for ya. I have used it a couple of times in the past, all without issue. I believe all it’s doing is spinning the motor very inefficiently.

4 Likes

I think you need to inactivate ppm before you do it. Not sure. @rpasichnyk

1 Like

I can do it with the vesc tool ios app.

App to use = UART+PPM
Control type = Off

In terminal: foc_openloop 5 100

If the control type is not off… it will abort after a second

Edit: only works on the local esc. The other one over can does not want to play

1 Like

Hey, just turned on on old board that I haven’t used for a couple of years… it has an original metr module, shows up on scan but gets stuck on pairing… any ideas please.

1 Like

Please open metr app → Settings → Show Logs and send to support@metr.at

1 Like

Well apparently I’m one step ahead… just found a metr pro that I must have bought to replace it… there’s no cable unfortunately. If I want to buy a cheap cable on eBay what is the plug type and are any pins swapped from end to end? It’s connecting to an old Vesc 4.12. Thanks.

It’s JST 2.0 PH 7 pin cable. Not all pins are used, just 4 pins are important (3.3V, GND, RX, TX). We just use those cables because it is convenient. Unfortunately I could not find a place that sells those in small quantities, we order in big batches.

grafik

Might want to remove that ^^

1 Like

Hello is there any way to change from Km to MPH for my metr logs?