Metr Pro Updates

Also works on iOS and Xmatic app

1 Like

Sorry that I mixed motor and ESC temps up. Looked to quick.
I would guess its a problem with the Unity hardware then. Donā€™t see why it would receive these wrong values over UART when the STM32 of the UNITY isnā€™t actually reading these values.
Do you also get these false values testing on the bench? Then you can confirm its the Unity when hooking it up to the PC over USB.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!
Will test it on the bench when I get home. Seems this readings occur when the board is idle. Could this be caused by some kind of interference with the module? Shall I try and move the module around to see if it makes a difference?

thanks - I have a Flipsky dual 6 vesc and the indicated battery voltage fluctuates constantly +/- 0.5V around what it actually is! . Tried turning input voltage smoothing on the metr app - but indicated voltage still fluctuates. Is there a setting for degree of smoothing? or will the vesc always win due to updates etc. Really wish Flipsky would fix this up ! Cheers

The voltage smoothing margin was hardcoded to 0.25V max. If your voltage jumps more than that, if will not work. But now I made that configurable too, you will get it with next update

@mishrasubhransu does the app work fine with Today Stats now? :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Yep! Works great! :smiley:

@rpasichnyk, was the problem of average consumption in the uploaded data vs the daily stat differed by 3-4 wh/km. I havenā€™t checked that recently, was the discrepancy solved?

I have mentioned the problem here before:

1 Like

Thanks, I will look into that

1 Like

I suspect, itā€™s because you might be averaging the consumption values themselves, as opposed to dividing the total-wh by the total-distance.

Instantaneous consumption can be really high if you are using active braking to stay on incline. Combine that with bigger time step for computing average, bam, you have a higher value for average consumption.

2 Likes

I have also noticed this before. Donā€™t know which value is correct.

1 Like

@mishrasubhransu fixed that now (in the browser) The exact post you were referring to now has avg consumption 17Wh/km :nerd_face: The value is now calculated by dividing total Wh by distance. Like it should have been from the beginning, I donā€™t know what I was thinking.

5 Likes

Woohoo.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk Iā€™m super impressed at how quick you get these things fixed :smile:

10 Likes

Roman -great -the Flipsky dual6 vesc indicated dc input is pretty symmetrical so smoothing should be great for real time display.

Will the Wh//km work off the smoothed voltage or raw voltage from vesc?

looking forward to the metr update to fix this.

btw -Flipsky have no idea how to resolve this?

Cheers

Smoothing is only active when not moving. Flipsky uses cheap components, thatā€™s probably why the voltage jumps

Thanks Roman -just seen smoothing voltage margin on latest update-works a treat.I set mine to 1.3V
Flipsky dual 6 vesc owners will thank you a lot
Cheers

Heyā€¦ I have two different boardsā€¦ One uses the old Metr Module and my new one uses the Metr Pro.

One board is a mountainboard and it uses a different gear ratio than my normal longboard.

Is it possible to save different profiles or do I have to change the Motor Ratios etc. every time I want to use the other board ?

2 Likes

:pray:

It is possible. Your settings (modes, motors, battery) will change automatically when you switch between your boards.

4 Likes

Any plans to add throttle curve settings with curve display? I would kill to be able to adjust my braking curve from my phone atmā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m still rocking my old metr modules. After the latest update Iā€™m no longer able to connect. Anyone else?

@rpasichnyk Could you send me the prior version of the app to check and see?